Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There is some type of pending construction project request for clearing of the Airport Trailer Park here: http://wire.forconstructionpros.com/...F7283AC1606%7D

The website requires registration to find out more details.

The city website used to show that a large chunk of that land belonged to the Michigan National Guard.

I was at Gary Interurban recently

Attachment 4808

detroitbob, I took a bunch of interior pictures when I was there recently too. Just wondering, are you an avid urban explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    detroitbob, I took a bunch of interior pictures when I was there recently too. Just wondering, are you an avid urban explorer?

DetroitZack, Yes I am an avid explorer. I got my start years ago as a drug addict hanging in the abandoned buildings, now I have been clean for a few years. I was then doing it somewhat legal for my job as an outreach social worker with a local Detroit agency. Now, I continue on my path and have been into many buildings Detroit has to offer.

Attachment 4823

DetroitZack,

What about you? I see some of your pictures. Are you also an urban explorer in Detroit?

Yes I am, I am usually out exploring about once a week. Send me a private message if you care to join sometime.

Hello all. I grew up in the Airport Trailer Park from 1964 to 1985. My mom moved out in 1990. I haven't been in the area since and I had wondered what had happened to the park. It is rather upsetting to see what has happened to the place where I grew up. The park was on it's last legs when my mom moved, but it had once been a nice place to live. Full of working class families whose kids all played together. I had also often wondered what this building had been originally. The park used it as a club house and storage facility. I had my 16th birthday party in the building and also had my best friend's bridal shower there. I probably have some pictures from those events that show the interior of the building from the late 70's and early 80's. If I can find them, I can post them if anyone is interested. I am sure I also have pictures of the park from the early 70's. I was wondering if you have more pictures of the current condition of the park? The picture of the other building in the park is probably the old laundry. That building was already closed up when I was a kid, but my mom said it had once been a second laundry. I only remember that it was used for storage when I was a kid. Is there another building still standing in the park? It would have been near the center. That was the park office and laundry. The building also housed a shower room that really wasn't used by the 70's, but the park had been there a long time and at one time had been a "travelers' court" and at that time many of the "travel trailers" didn't have bathrooms or showers. Anyway thank you for posting these pictures.

Hell this is right by the GSCC. Shows how Westside I AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardee View Post
    The building also housed a shower room that really wasn't used by the 70's, but the park had been there a long time and at one time had been a "travelers' court" and at that time many of the "travel trailers" didn't have bathrooms or showers. Anyway thank you for posting these pictures.
    From the trailer parks that I have lived in [[six over the years), I think that most states had laws which required trailer parks to have shower and bathroom facilities dating back to the early days of "trailers". I have never lived in a park which didn't have them though most were disused except by the office staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardee View Post
    I probably have some pictures from those events that show the interior of the building from the late 70's and early 80's. If I can find them, I can post them if anyone is interested. I am sure I also have pictures of the park from the early 70's.
    I'd love to see those pictures if you can find them Mardee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2