Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Huntington is coming down.

Yea,looks like $8.99 per week? I'd guess the 1930's .

The Huntington Hotel, is one of the rare po'folk roach motel in the Cass Corridor Area was burn down last Winter due to a tenant buring a cigarette and it landed on the floor causing the fire that burn like paper. It spread to three floors. Fewer people left the building and others didn't. The tenant who got out of the building was arrested for reckless endangerment. He will be serving time in prison soon.

I went by here today, the building is now demolished.

I was trying to find out information about the Trumbull Hotel fire in 1970 and came across some information relevant to this thread. It appears that the Billinghurst Hotel, referenced earlier in the thread and identical to the Huntington, suffered a similar fate just over 10 years earlier in 1989. On February 18, around 3 am, a fire started on the first floor, quickly became a 4 alarm fire. Four people were killed along with injuries to 52 residents and 4 police officers. Apparently people began jumping out of upper floor windows as the fire spread. Interesting that 2 identical buildings had 2 similar tragic incidents just over 10 years apart.

I am disappointed I couldn't see Django's pix on the first page of this thread. We're they removed, or is my computer not seeing them?

Couldn't see them either, Gnome. But, looking back at that first page, where has Eriedearie been?

Stromberg2, off topic, just wondering...

Sorry, I didnt realize I had deleted them. Lowell might have them somewhere. I tried to upload some pics a while ago and my folder here on Dyes was full, foolishly I didnt go through all my pics here befor deleting them to make room for new ones. They're in my old laptop which is now not working. Hopefully Ill get them off the hard drive someday. Most were bs but some were ok.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3