Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
It is time that the world knows that a billionaire owns this train station. When news crews or reporters show this station to represent the decay in Detroit, they never mention that it is owned by a billionaire, Matty Maroun. It is assumed that the City of Detroit owns it and that it is the city that's allowing it to sit looking like it does. The city, if it did own it, probably would tear it down one day, but not anytime soon. Yet the billionaire could restore it but doesn't, why? And why doesn't the city fine Maroun up the wazoo for not maintaining his property? Could it be because Kwame and his mom Caroline got hefty campaign contributions from him? Is Mayor Bing beholden to Maroun as well? These are the questions that need to be explored and answered by those doing a story on MCS, instead of taking a picture of it and telling the world the same old story about Detroit's decay.
Royce you do make excellent points, but it wasn't something that came to mind.

I get to do this all again tomorrow, actually. I'm taking another friend of mine and a French exchange student. We all go to OU and we have an exchange thing with Universite d'Orleans.