Luckily, the terrorists bomb did not go off and the plane did not crash in Detroit. Knowing how AQ tries maximizing symbolism, maybe they wanted the whole world to see Detroit in her current state. Thank God, it didn't happen, but if it had gone down, there would of been thousands of reporters from around the world descending on Detroit to see how the U.S. manufacturing economy had already crashed long ago and how, as a country, we have ignored Detroit.

I've often wondered what would happen if an outside organization of say, 20-30,000 people, went into Detroit, bought everything up, elected new leaders, ran the criminals and thugs out and started cleaning up, what would happen? I think the challenge is too big for Detroiters themselves and there is too much history that people keep reliving for them to get past. I say bring in massive fresh groups of people and turn the place around. Offer houses for $5-$10K, with infrastructure already in place, and plenty of land to build on. But, like I said, it would mean electing totally new leaders and cleaning house in local government and replacing with the new outsiders. It also might mean bringing your own private security forces in with you at the same time to take back the streets and make the neighborhoods safe again. That is a science [[social) project I would like to see.