Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    Thank you. I'm surprised nobody else came up with it.
    I am too.

I thought about the connection long after I made the initial post. I should have known you'd be the one to point it out Bob, good one!

ccbatson Guest

ejames...you miss my point. I oppose this nonsense of barcoding bullets as yet another waste of government effort and taxpayer dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    ejames...you miss my point. I oppose this nonsense of barcoding bullets as yet another waste of government effort and taxpayer dollars.
    Exactly! What will they think of next? Bar codes on groceries and consumer products? Serial numbers on paper money? A nine-digit number assigned to every citizen of the United States? Stop the government waste!!!

ccbatson Guest

All examples of nearly costless items. As to the SSN? if we didn't have the growing disaster that is SS, we wouldn't need the number.

My solution would be to outlaw the AK's and those type of weapons. Only police agencies and the military should have access to those types of weapons. Everything else should be registered. What I really would like to see is severe penalties for the commission of a crime with a firearm. I'm not talking about two years on top of whatever time you get for a crime.

There is a point in which someone will say this is too risky to do with a firearm. I don't know what that point is. It could be 5 years , 10 years. But this could be done scientifically and the results could be charted. In the beginning the jails would be overcrowded, but as we reached the point where the average criminal
    decides why do 5 years for the robbery and 15 years for the gun , you should see the prison population at least for a gun crime decrease eventually. At that point they decide its not worth the risk.

Now what will most likely happen is that criminals are criminals and they will just stick you up with a knife or box cutter but as least you have a fighting chance. And yes the registered gun owner could use his firearm to protect himself without penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Speramus Meliora View Post
    Increasing prison sentences did not work in the drug war and would not work here. Criminals are either too desperate, too jacked up on crack, or too stupid to care. The only answer is to restrict easy access to guns.
    You are correct it didn't/doesn't work but I am talking out of the box type prison sentences. The type of sentences the ACLU would say borders on cruel and unusal punishment.

Guns are difficult to cut off at the source like drugs because it will just go blackmarket.

Or make the registration to get a gun like a passport only more difficult with some pschology testing involved.

Just trying to figure out ideas to keep our society orderly while keeping the 2nd amendment folks happy . Even though I think our 2nd amendment friends have misunderstood the intent behind that amendment that is a conversation for another time.

Taking away handguns and semi-autos would be the smartest thing he has done as President yet.

How on earth would he do that? Kick everyones doors down?

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Taking away handguns and semi-autos would be the smartest thing he has done as President yet.

ccbatson Guest

Actually more valid by virtue of that argument SM. The more difficult it is to get guns and the bigger the advantage given to criminals who possess them, the more liely that they will get their hands on them. A "cold war" if you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2