Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

I can understand his frustration and wanting to do that, but he is guilty under the law. He did have a conceled permit, but that does not give you permission to kill an unarmed man, because he was in your home. Now had he caught him in the home.....another story.

And I agree with Zacha341.....a shotgun shot over their heads might, just might make them reconsider.

FYI 40,000 Conceled permits in Wayne county......those are the legal ones.....how many more that do not have a permit?......Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02514885833865#

Do not talk to the police. Especially if you have done something like this guy has purported to have done. What a dumb-ass.

You killed somebody while you were defending your property. Oh, wait, your property was still intact, but the potential perpetrator was on the loose. You killed him. It would have all worked out just fine had you not introduced your bad=ass dialog into the murder investigation. You shot yourself in the foot homeboy.

Exactly. The homeowner should have told the cops that the robber reached into his waistband as if he had a gun. He'd probably be home free.

That was a great lecture by Professor Duane, and very enlightening followup by the police officer. Thanks for posting it, Chuck_MI.

I thought at first, that this was a sarcastic and ironic comment on the lunacy expressed in a few of the posts, but no, it seems this jack-booted fascist is sincere.
    No, he was being sarcastic. C-P is known for that.

I'd shoot his kneecaps...

Yep, I know people/ friends/ family who've survived home invasions, and attempted robberies, and sadly successful robberies in driveways etc... it IS crazy. And there are some people out there packing unregistered guns for protection, which is a felony. I suppose their rationale is jury of 12 or pallbearers of 6.....
    Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    This is Detroit we're talking about, where law and order is only a tv show.

I am certain there's alot of illegal [[bowling alley) guns out there, carried by women particularly who've just decided to not be victim when going about or in their homes. Then there are women in increasing numbers at the gun range firing off all kinds of legal hand guns and long arms... and learning about gun safety. Lots of cops recommend small format shotguns for women, which have reduced recoil, with easy aim spray for ceiling warning shot, rather loaded with bird shot or a direct shot ala lethal XX buck. Re. safety in home, a very young child cannot as easily accidentally accurately "pump" a slide style shot gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    I can understand his frustration and wanting to do that, but he is guilty under the law. He did have a conceled permit, but that does not give you permission to kill an unarmed man, because he was in your home. Now had he caught him in the home.....another story.

And I agree with Zacha341.....a shotgun shot over their heads might, just might make them reconsider.

FYI 40,000 Conceled permits in Wayne county......those are the legal ones.....how many more that do not have a permit?......Just sayin
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-09 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No, he was being sarcastic. C-P is known for that.
    Hmm. Maybe, but it seems to fit in with the majority opinion. No where in the original news story does it say that the two perpetrators had even attempted to enter the home. They were discovered in the back yard, and then chased down so one of them could be executed. Admittedly, a reasonable explanation for their presence in this man's yard may be hard to imagine, it is a possibility. That is why everyone is entitled to their day in court. That is what makes this a civilized nation.

Hero AND Murderer

This story is just sad, for many reasons.
    But once the punk was off his property I do not think the homeowner was legally allowed to shoot, unless the perp appeared to be reaching for a weapon.
    He was probably just too pissed off, with too much adrenalin running, to tell the cops that this is what happened.
    I would have made it clear that he was menacing and I was in fear of my life.

Detroit Police Department just released this photo of Tigh Croff.

http://tinyurl.com/ydo2ufl

I laughed Detroitnerd, but this guy isn't any less deserrving of a safe home than anybody in Royal Oak;
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Tigh-...00000451554060

ct_alum, if this really were a nation of laws Mr. Croff wouldn't have endured 3 break-ins, My grandmother had guys breakin' into her upstairs bedroom while she was cooking dinner-nowadays that falls under "home invasion"...that one was our last straw. Again, Mr. Croff couldn't say these suspects weren't the guys who burgled him before & the, ahem, ALLEGED criminal's attempt to break into an occupied dwelling veers a criminal's intent into "Charles Manson" territory in my book

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?

Don't bring witty repartie to a gun fight.

I wonder if his eyes looked like the kid's in Dirty Harry when he just "got's to know"

smudge pot Guest

Come gather 'round the campfire, people, for I've a story to tell, a true story. Not long ago, a Homeowner, a skilled man, highly thought of by his coworkers and neighbors, awoke one night upon hearing some sounds outside.

There'd been a rash of petty crime recently in the neighborhood. The Homeowner grabbed his gun and went outside to have a look-see. He saw some "Youths" breaking into a car to steal cigarettes and CD's. The Homeowner waved the gun and told them to stop.

One of these "Youths" charged the Homeowner. Boom, boom, lights-out for the "Youth". Sound familiar? But wait, there's more ...

The Homeowner was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. The Homeowner, through a family member, publicly expressed regret for what happened. The grand jury knocked it down to manslaughter. At trial the real jury found the Homeowner "Not Guilty". But wait, there's more ...

This all took place in a white suburb. The Homeowner was black, the "Youth" was Italian. And now you know .... "The rest of the story".

Retroit Guest

Hero.

Some of you sound more sympathetic toward the burglar than the homeowner. It's no wonder Detroit is so fukt up.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    Come gather 'round the campfire, people, for I've a story to tell, a true story. Not long ago, a Homeowner, a skilled man, highly thought of by his coworkers and neighbors, awoke one night upon hearing some sounds outside.

There'd been a rash of petty crime recently in the neighborhood. The Homeowner grabbed his gun and went outside to have a look-see. He saw some "Youths" breaking into a car to steal cigarettes and CD's. The Homeowner waved the gun and told them to stop.

One of these "Youths" charged the Homeowner. Boom, boom, lights-out for the "Youth". Sound familiar? But wait, there's more ...

The Homeowner was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. The Homeowner, through a family member, publicly expressed regret for what happened. The grand jury knocked it down to manslaughter. At trial the real jury found the Homeowner "Not Guilty". But wait, there's more ...

This all took place in a white suburb. The Homeowner was black, the "Youth" was Italian. And now you know .... "The rest of the story".
    I call Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post

And if the shooter in Detroit were white, what do you think the reaction would be?

Default re Oceans comments about Texas

Ocean is right......you are justified in killing anyone in your home or attempting to break in.......you tell em, you were in fear of your life and you acted in self defense

also, the cops would appreciate that if you do indeed kill em as they are climbing thru the window, to make sure that they are inside your home when the police arrive......... strange, but seriously, they say it cuts down on their paper work.......

I kid you not, its less paper work if the perps in the house, as opposed to be say, struck in the window, or worse, the scum falls backwards and in the yard.......

I will say, I ve lived on my own since 78, and I have never had a break in or an attempeted break in , in my home. Ocean, just how many have been put thru Huntsville in this last year?

"Some of you sound more sympathetic toward the burglar than the homeowner. It's no wonder Detroit is so fukt up."

Wrong. The guy had a right to defend his life, his house and his property. As soon as the criminal ran, he should have called the police.

Ocean is right......Here in Texas, you are justified in killing anyone in your home or attempting to break in.......you tell em, you were in fear of your life and you acted in self defense

also, the cops would appreciate that if you do indeed kill em as they are climbing thru the window, to make sure that they are inside your home when the police arrive......... strange, but seriously, they say it cuts down on their paper work.......

I kid you not, its less paper work if the perps in the house, as opposed to be say, struck in the window, or worse, the scum falls backwards and in the yard.......

I will say, I ve lived on my own since 78, and I have never had a break in or an attempeted break in , in my home. Ocean, just how many have been put thru Huntsville in this last year?

Have a Safe and Happy New Years everyone...........Love, Jane

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Some of you sound more sympathetic toward the burglar than the homeowner. It's no wonder Detroit is so fukt up."

Wrong. The guy had a right to defend his life, his house and his property. As soon as the criminal ran, he should have called the police.
    And what should the criminal have done?

"And what should the criminal have done?"

The criminal is dead. Once he left the homeowners property, the homeowner had no legal right to shoot.

If this had been a Detroit Police Officer and he had shot someone who had fled and then stopped and put their hands up, there would be no question that the office would be charged.

I'll just say this: I question the wisdom of taunting a person who has a gun trained on you.

I can fully understand what the guy did, and have done similar things myself in similar situations when I got good and goddamn fed up and had to show someone that I was not to be f**ked with. Still, that frustration doesn't make it right or legal. It didn't in my case, and it doesn't in his. Once the suspects had fled his property he should have called the police and let them go on.

One of the most alarming things about this story to me is that the alleged B&E man that he shot was 53 years old. What the hell is a 53 year old man doing out there robbing houses?

this man is a gyro.....er I mean a hero! time to send a message to the scum that infests our streets. A beating that would of left him alive but permanently damaged would have been better.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast