Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote: "Plus the show really did not put Detroit in a good light. Surprise, surprise."

Exactly, Detroit is the whipping boy of this recession. I overheard a redneck a few states away, the other day comment "Detroit is the poorest city in the US" As he stood in, and undoubtedly lived in, judging by his and the places' appearance, probably the poorest county in the US. They have people around this country believing this whole area is a ghost town the few people left are living in a Depression type environment.

While I was going to the Kroger last night I drove by a " recently" which I mean opened within a year of so Custom Cycle Shop. After thinking of what I had watched Monday night I kinda got the impression that there are very few shops in this area building bikes. I can count at least 3 within 5miles from my house.
    I myself agree that this show lacks the spark of Monster Garage which I miss still.But I will tune in next week to see whats up.Best part was seeing one of the crew wearing a Tshirt from the Station on Mich Ave in Inkster.