http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1851090.html
from the article
With his wealth, privilege and education at one of Britain's leading universities, Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab had the world at his feet – able to choose from a range of futures in which to make his mark on the world.
Instead, the son of one of Nigeria's most important figures opted to make his impact in a very different way – by detonating 80g of explosives sewn into his underpants, and trying to destroy a passenger jet as it came in to land at Detroit Airport on Christmas Day.
- the end of the article also said:
"Al-Qa'ida is finding it difficult to recruit young people," she said. "And, interestingly, the election of Barack Obama is a factor in that, because, whatever you think of him as a president, the fact of him shows young people that there is an alternative to killing yourself. Al-Qa'ida is, however, targeting more highly skilled people."

Am I the only one here who thinks it's time for the spooks [[FBI) in DC to step up profiling people based on more than just warnings or things learned through intelligence? ie: using ethnicity and religion as a factor of who to monitor more closely. I know many people want all to be seen as all the same but......
Some Christians, Hindus, or whatever religion or not practiced, are terrorists.
Most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.
So the probability that a terrorist attack will occur from a Muslim is very high. So in my finite wisdom, shouldn't they generally be more closely watched?
Maybe they are for all I know.