Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    If they entered America illegally, then they do not have Second Amendment Rights, or ANY rights for that matter.
    Not true, unfortunately. The Supreme Court has ruled that all people are protected by our laws, whether they are citizens or not. Laws don't specify that they only apply to US citizens. For example, the Second Amendment says:

"Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Note it says "the people", not "the U.S. citizens".

Again, I disagree with this interpretation by the Supreme Court.

Rideron Guest

When will the DOJ arrest Jason Shuringa for his assault on his fellow passenger???

No, the ACLU will do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    When will the DOJ arrest Jason Shuringa for his assault on his fellow passenger???

Ravine Guest

English, I just wanted to make sure that CP & Whitehouse didn't think I was firing at them. That was more important, to me, than whether or not they correctly interpreted my initial post, which was side-bar in nature, meant to be taken lightly, and generally non-essential.
    Whether or not folks feel attacked, by me, now that is important to me.

From CNN:

Napolitano: No indication of wider plot in botched airline attack
    Posted: December 27th, 2009 10:00 AM ET

[[CNN) - Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday there was no indication so far that a botched terror attack on a U.S. airliner was part of a broad international effort.

"Right now we have no indication that it is part of anything larger," Napolitano told CNN's "State of the Union" program....... "The whole process of making sure that we respond properly, correctly and effectively went very smoothly," Napolitano said.
    Really? How could you not suspect that this attack is part of the larger and continuing effort by Islamic terrorists to kill Americans here in the US? This is the third attempt this year and the first one that was not successful!

I thought the Homeland Security Dept. was created to make it easier to prevent terrorist attacks by sharing information across all government agencies so they can "connect the dots". Instead, she reassures us that "the response system worked".

So basically she's telling us "move along, nothing to see here except another "lone wolf", and don't worry, the Justice Dept. will investigate and prosecute this criminal, too". Meanwhile, we will have to apparently rely on the "response system" [[passengers taking the initiative) to keep themselves and us safe from terrorists on inbound international flights.

Some people won't be satisfied until there is full fledged Christian style jihad on all practitioners of Islam. Why don't you follow your hero, George W. Bush [[the president who presided over the worst terrorist attack on US soil even after ample warning) and go shopping?

Direct question from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...y-failure.html

How can a Muslim student, whose name appears on a US law enforcement database, be granted a visa to travel to America, allegedly acquire an explosive device from Yemen, a country awash with al-Qaeda terrorists, and avoid detection from the world's most sophisticated spy agencies?
    Somebody fucked up big time.

Ravine: cool! Hope you're enjoying the holidays.

Am posting because I'm watching a CNN update. Seems that there was ANOTHER passenger on Delta/NWA flight 253 TODAY who is being detained. The pilot is declaring an emergency and the crew is requesting emergency assistance upon landing.

WTF is going on? Are they determined to mess with us? Will someone tell Al-Qaeda that Detroit has enough to deal with???

[[Likely, it's just a copycat. But sheesh. I've taken that flight, and I'm sure that many of you have too.)

I intensely dislike Muslims. Look at all the trouble they've caused. I won't even get on a plane any more. Every time you hear about a potential bombing, or a foiled attempt, it's always one of them at the heart of it.
    Last edited by psubliminal; December-27-09 at 02:54 PM.

Well, that's a bit extreme, psubliminal, but it sure helps prove my point that religion is bullshit.

Sorry to those who I may offend.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psubliminal View Post
    I intensely dislike Muslims. Look at all the trouble they've caused. I won't even get on a plane any more. Every time you hear about a potential bombing, or a foiled attempt, it's always one of them at the heart of it.
    Have you ever considered moving to another planet?

Look on the bright side. The odds of ending up the seat mate of this friggin guy just went waaaaaay in your favor.

Yeah. That Muhammad Ali fellow must be stopped!

^ Yep, and Tim McVeigh and the Nichols brothers were in mosque EVERY Friday.

Bloody nora!

Another incident?? Again a flight from Amsterdam.

As some others already said mockingly, that is a terrible generalisation. Don't shuffle them on the same heap as the EXTEME side of Islam. Christianity has it's extremes as well. Someone murdering abortion doctors for instance.

That'd be like saying you disliked all black people because some of them were in the Black Panthers.

By the way, D.B. Cooper wasn't a Muslim. Neither were any of the hijackers who diverted planes to Cuba so many years ago.

I won't fly any more either, but it's because of the TSA and their tactics. I'd rather drive.

DetroitDad Guest

Responding to several posters above.

The Detroit Windsor crossings and waterways are very important for trade. Metro Airport is a very large airport, and I believe it may still be a hub for Northwest. Detroit in it's entirety [[Metro Detroit) still remains a major pillar in American economics, and right now, Detroit is very week.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Responding to several posters above.

The Detroit Windsor crossings and waterways are very important for trade. Metro Airport is a very large airport, and I believe it may still be a hub for Northwest. Detroit in it's entirety [[Metro Detroit) still remains a major pillar in American economics, and right now, Detroit is very week.
    pun intended?

I'm entitled to my opinion, just like Black-soul-atcha or whatever he calls himself. I'm also sick of this country turning into Mexico. I'm moving to New Zealand.

I hope this guy gets the death penalty. If there is any crime that warrants its application, this one does.

Am posting because I'm watching a CNN update. Seems that there was ANOTHER passenger on Delta/NWA flight 253 TODAY who is being detained. The pilot is declaring an emergency and the crew is requesting emergency assistance upon landing.

WTF is going on?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airline_attack_arrest

On Sunday, the flight crew became concerned after the passenger became sick and spent about an hour locked in the bathroom, officials said......Post-flight interviews by investigators determined the passenger was a legitimate businessman who posed no security threat to the plane, the two law enforcement officials said.

You do realize that you're talking about almost one-quarter of the world's population, correct? Boy, that's a lot of people to hate and generalize about.

-Tahleel

Quote Originally Posted by rooms222 View Post
    As to his father being Muslim, he is the chair of Nigeria's First Islamic bank and has two wives.........

http://www.saharareporters.com/index...news&Itemid=18
    Interesting article, but is there any reason why they failed to include a reporters name next to the byline?

And aside from this source, I have not been able to find this fact listed anywhere else.
    Last edited by MCP-001; December-27-09 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Not true, unfortunately. The Supreme Court has ruled that all people are protected by our laws, whether they are citizens or not. Laws don't specify that they only apply to US citizens. For example, the Second Amendment says:

"Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Note it says "the people", not "the U.S. citizens".

Again, I disagree with this interpretation by the Supreme Court.
    Gun Control Act of 1968

US Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, Section 922 Sub-section [[d) [[5) [[A)

"[[d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— [[1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
    [[2) is a fugitive from justice;
    [[3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance [[as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act [[21 U.S.C. 802));
    [[4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
    [[5) who, being an alien—
    [[A)
    is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
    [[B) except as provided in subsection [[y)[[2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa [[as that term is defined in section 101[[a)[[26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act [[8 U.S.C. 1101 [[a)[[26)));

[[6) who [2] has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    [[7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
    [[8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that— [[A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and
    [[B) [[i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
    [[ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or

[[9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
    This subsection shall not apply with respect to the sale or disposition of a firearm or ammunition to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector who pursuant to subsection [[b) of section 925 of this chapter is not precluded from dealing in firearms or ammunition, or to a person who has been granted relief from disabilities pursuant to subsection [[c) of section 925 of this chapter."

Not trying to get too far off topic here, but if you're up for an interesting read, check out the history behind the the Gun Control Act of 1968 and how much that it's author "borrowed" from what he picked up serving on the Nuremberg Trials.

Interesting parallels, to say the least!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast