[Ugh-oh, what a mess and these are NOT YOUNG FOLKS! Someone's having a pre-holiday garage sale!]

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

By AMBER HUNT and ZLATI MEYER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Sam Riddle won’t spend Christmas behind bars, but the indicted political consultant isn’t welcome back in Wayne County — at least temporarily.

Riddle, 63, was ordered by a federal judge Wednesday to move in with his mother in Flint at least through the weekend.

He also is to abide by a 9 p.m.-7 a.m. curfew, undergo daily alcohol testing, be evaluated by a mental health professional, wear a GPS tether and avoid contact with his live-in girlfriend, former state Rep. Mary Waters.

Riddle is charged by Detroit Police of felonious assault and domestic violence, accused of pointing a loaded shotgun at Waters and cocking it after she found him with another woman Monday.

As he left the Wayne County Jail, Riddle said in an impromptu news conference outside that “at no point in time was Mary Waters’ life in any danger.” He called Waters a “very fine lady” whose feelings were hurt by a man trying to “act half his age.”

On Wednesday evening, Waters was emptying her home on the 1200 block of Navarre of Riddle’s stuff, ranging from a set of golf clubs and two pairs of brown cowboy boots to piles of shirts and framed photos. She heaped the athletic wear, sports equipment and other miscellania on one side of the two-car garage attached to her house.

“I feel liberated,” she said. “I’m going to get my house in order.”

More than a dozen pairs of shoes, a rack of clothing and a pile of mail remained inside a bedroom on her second floor, however.

Riddle reportedly was found Monday in a compromised position with a 30-year-old woman, TaKesha Washington, who identifies herself on LinkedIn as a health assessment coordinator for LifeTime Fitness. Washington also was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana.

On Wednesday, Riddle was released nearly three hours after he appeared before U.S. District Judge Paul Borman at a bond revocation hearing. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert Cares said the Monday incident violated the terms of Riddle’s federal bond release on two pending federal bribery cases.

Federal authorities allege Riddle delivered a bribe in the Synagro Technologies scandal. Riddle and Waters are codefendants in a separate federal case, accused of bribery to gain approval of a pawnshop in Southfield.

Cares wanted Riddle permanently placed with Riddle’s mother in Flint and barred from Wayne County unless meeting with his attorneys. But Edward Wishnow, one of Riddle’s lawyers, argued that would impede trial preparations.

Borman said he would revisit whether Riddle could move back to Detroit once his lawyers provided an address.

Attorney John Minock said Borman’s order that Riddle have no contact with Waters might prove difficult because they are codefendants.

Waters released a statement during the day Wednesday, saying that Riddle was “not found naked in my house in the act of having sex with another woman,” as police have told reporters.

The statement added that “the gun was not loaded and was not pointed at my face.”

Riddle has until Jan. 23 to claim his belongings from Waters’ home, though she said she had set aside essentials — like his computer, toothbrush and deodorant — for his sister to pick up earlier that day.

“I wish him the best,” she said Wednesday night.

Riddle, meanwhile, later in the evening posted a note on Facebook: "Home with my mom...Merry Christmas! Love you all."

Free Press staff writers Ben Schmitt and Steve Neavling contributed to this report.