Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Florent Tillon's haunting 27-minute [[go fullscreen for this treat) Detroit Wildlife video was discussed on the old DetroitYES at Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Detroit Wildlife "video".
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-30-09 at 10:48 PM.

this one always makes me laugh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5BFr-qinY

If I am correct we should ignore the reality of Detroit and only show the good? How do you change the future when you ignore the past and present?

This video, though a bit "right" leaning seems to bring up some very good questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_...eature=related

Are any of you Dyesers able to argue what is presented or will you ignore the video [[13 min long) along with the plight of Detroit.

One thing I agree with is the welfare mentality that Detroit has become. The handouts haven't done anything for Detroit. How do we change it?

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeabilly View Post
    Crowder's youtube comes off like a joint effort between the Heritage Foundation and Nickelodeon.
    I watched the Crowder piece and though he exposed some sick areas within Detroit he ended up coming off as a sensationalist with his sole attempt to exploit Detroit as a city on the edge of destruction. In his video, he went to the worst of the worst areas to identify Detroit but he did not attempt to go into the neighborhoods that are still vibrant. Making a one-sided viral video only shows why he works for Pajama Media and not one of the major media outlets.

Here's my only video that i've taken in detroit.
    Probably the last time this siren sounds for the engine 48 area.
    Probably not as exciting as most, but when this siren went off back in the day.
    It was either a test, or take cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSXGx9ywGQ

One of my positive things about Detroit videos. The River Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by M CD M View Post
    Here's my only video that i've taken in detroit.
    Probably the last time this siren sounds for the engine 48 area.
    Probably not as exciting as most, but when this siren went off back in the day.
    It was either a test, or take cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSXGx9ywGQ
    Wow! Did that siren trigger a car alarm??!

The siren wiki.

In the city listed using Thunderbolts Detroit has only one in operation. Guess this is the one. Seeing this is the last one. That siren looks a hell of a lot better than the rustbucket you see in the picture on the wiki-page. Will they keep it as a cultural relevant item of the past? I added that clip as an external link in the Wikipedia page, so keep it up there.

I live in close proxamity of an airfield so our school also had a monster like that on the roof. It was taken down somewhere in the 80's. There's now a different kind of signal which is tested every first monday of the month. That thing doesn't have the same impact by far compared to the old signal, which resembles this Thunderbolt. It sounded more like a British siren, like the one you hear in the beginning of the Frankie Goes to Hollywood track "Two Tribes".

When that thing started all classes had to stop as no one could make each other understand to another. My old school. That grey square foot was the foundation.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; December-31-09 at 09:18 PM.

Amusing review of a 1970's Lincoln towncar.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; January-02-10 at 12:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2