I know of two Hudson retail outlets that were closed in the 1970's. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge if there were any more of these.

These two locations were located in East Dearborn and fell short of being full-fledged stores. One was on Michigan and Greenfield. When it was closed it became a K-mart, then later a Farmer Jack, and now houses a Kroger/ABC Warehouse. This location was known as a rainbow store. I can recall them having lively displays and remember them having live models at least once. The Rainbow Store was also known as the Basement Store and sold the lower lines.

I can also recall a location on W Warren Between Chase and Schaefer. It was attached to a large Hudson Warehouse and is roughly across from what is now Shatila Bakery. This store was like a cross between a full warehouse sale store and a furniture store. It sold an odd mix of stuff.

Both of these stores closed prior to the opening of the Fairlane Store.

Does anyone know of other examples of where these satelites stores may have existed but are no longer around? The closest thing I can think of to this was when Hudson's used to have a Warehouse sale and open up what is now Ford Field.