Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hudson photos?

The chandeliers at Oakland Mall are not antiques from downtown, they were new at the time of the remodeling per a friend who worked for 20 plus years at Hudson's/Marshall Fields/Macy's before the dumbing down of furniture at Macy's...Fields was the oldest seller of Waterford in the US and one of the top volume sellers worldwide...sadly that area was also decreased to a limited selection and the huge Waterford department in Chicago at State Street is also gone.

I found the mention of the "Radarange" microwave oven [["high frequency cooking") that could supposedly make 50 second steaks and 10 second hot dogs to be really interesting. I can't imagine many people bought these in the late 1940's. I am guessing they would have been something that wealthy people might have tried.

I think Wayne State has a virtual library with interior images of Hudson's. Sorry, I do not have an address for you. Or, try Detroit public library.

I looked at them years ago, but through many incarnations of my browsers, the addresses are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    Also found on Amazon, I have looked at it at a Barnes and Noble store in the Detroit area. Same format as the Masonic Temple Book.

Hudson's: Detroit's Legendary Department Store [[MI) [[Images of America) by Michael Hauser and Marianne Weldon [[Paperback - Nov 1, 2004)
    I'll second this book - I've looked through it at Barnes and Noble also. Lots of great pics, including many from Christmas-time.

Save the Hudson's. A desperate, and ultimately vain, attemt to save the Hudson's. I'm surprised this link is still around.

Ludnington Daily News. A newspaper page retrieved in which the announcement is posted that the Hudson's would be razed.
    Atelling quote from those days:
    "As long as it stands in the way,the development of a new Detroit isn't going to happen."
    It's gone.... and nothing happened.

Tell me, what do you think of this proposed structure on the site of the former Hudson's department store? Looks dated, possibly outdated, seeing these drawings are from 2005.

Last edited by Whitehouse; February-20-10 at 10:29 PM.

Real modern looking, that's for sure.

Stromberg2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2