Quote Originally Posted by digitalvision View Post
He's doing something smart and investing when everyone else is pulling out [[and also investing in yourself in a down economy) - if you have the money to do that, this is really the best time. Cheap prices, lots of availability, and competition that's hurting.

As to why the press - you frankly don't see that many people investing. I hear a lot of bitching about "people should do this" or "people should do that" but when the rubber comes to the road, it's nothing more than a peanut gallery. He's at least doing something.

Could he do better? Unequivocally, yes. Does he sound like just about every other apartment owner in the price range he specializes in I've heard of, in the city and the suburbs? Yep. He fills a market need.

In this age of the internet, people forget that you get what you pay for. I've lived in places ranging across the board in rent over the last decade plus - and the quality of the landlord directly equates [[most times) to how much you pay per square foot.

The places I stayed that were $500-$750 sound just like the complaints I hear about Dennis. The places that were $1000 and up, great landlords, great service, and that would be because they can afford to do that. There are always exceptions to every rule, but if you don't pay much, don't expect to get much.

How about him fixing up 2 of his other derilict buildings before taking on another project?