Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Kresge's New Mini Mall

The Kresge Building in Downtown Detroit on Woodward Ave. is getting mini mall with upper and lower level of shops along with a new 5 and 10 Bar for its anchor. This is great start for the development of Downtown Detroit.
    Last edited by Lowell; April-25-09 at 09:27 PM.

yes and no. Good to get something in that building. But bad cause it's a Boydell Development project, which means everything will be shoddy and half-ass. Expect the roof to leak, no elevator and trash everywhere. That's just the status quo in every other building they own.

Does anyone have a link to go along with this story?

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Does anyone have a link to go along with this story?
    Agreed. I don't see it on the News or the Freep.

I have seen the development from the outside, as I walk by it almost every weekday [[and some weekends). This is happening.

I hear from reputable folks that it's going to be some sort of outlet place; I'm just glad to see some activity. It looks, from the lights I see, that it also may be on the second story of the building.

Boydell, quite frankly, keeps a lot of buildings occupied with residents. Are they perfect? Heck no. However, the reality is that not everything in the city is going to be top-notch and nor can all folks afford that. I'd much rather have the buildings he has with tenants than vacant. There is going to have to be room for all levels of development. He walks the evil genius line of spending just enough to make money on what he does... the reality is that the nicest things don't always make money. It's about serving what needs people have, and Dennis does that with relatively inexpensive housing. You're not going to get top-notch service, but you're not paying a ton of money, either, so you can't expect much. It's a trade-off.

If I happen by it I'll take some pictures. You can see more of the inside at night, though, they're keeping it very brightly lit.

I'm glad to hear about this, I'm gonna be sure to swing by to take a look when I'm home for the weekend.

Anything that Boydell Development does turns out to be a dump. As someone who has lived in their buildings for longer then I want to admit, they are the worst landlords ever.
    I guess on one hand it's good that they are buying buildings and putting in stores and making everything into lofts. But at the same time what's the point of doing that if they end up not being taken care of and maintained.
    I wish there was a development company as active as Boydell who did it with more integrity.
    I am moving out of their buildings in a month and I cannot wait.

Default which building

Penelope-

I too live in a crappy Boydell building [[universal lofts). Just out of curiosity, which one do you live in??

DetroitDad Guest

http://shopkresge.com/

They updated their web site complete with floor plans. I also noticed that they took the lease rates off the site, which leads me to believe they possibly lowered them.

I could have sworn they mentioned a optimistic June 30th opening. Has anyone heard any other updates yet? It doesn't appear that any additional work has been done from the outside, but I guess that might not mean that much.

Is anything in this building actually open? If so, what? And, what are their hours/days of operation so I can go down there and take a look inside? I was there a couple weeks ago during the week and the lights were off and I saw no activity inside. No bars, no rental agent on duty, nothing, nadda.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Is anything in this building actually open? If so, what? And, what are their hours/days of operation so I can go down there and take a look inside? I was there a couple weeks ago during the week and the lights were off and I saw no activity inside. No bars, no rental agent on duty, nothing, nadda.
    I believe it was said that they would open by June 30th if they had enough tenants sign leases. It was hopping at the preview event, but has since gone silent.

What about the new bar next door? Anybody been in there?

Stromberg2

Is it still planned to Open Summer 2009? It looks the same as 3 months ago

Dave Bing probably has stopped it

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    Is it still planned to Open Summer 2009? It looks the same as 3 months ago

It looks like it's done, but I don't think he can get it rented. I've seen couples walking around inside through the bay windows. It looks like a salesperson showing it to potential clients. Maybe he's testing too high of a price.

I drove by this morning and it looked like they were doing interior construction.

Good...Because I didn't want this project to fall through the cracks

Whenever you see "Open in summer of 2009" posted in detroit; it really means "Open in 2010 or whenever" Detroit is notorious in getting hopes up high then letting you down.