Brush Park will be the better location in the future for a true urban experience. Development in that area is inevitable, and has already begun [[even though the pace has slowed over the last year or so).
Boston-Edison doesn't have the same development potential, but it has a much different neighborhood charachter. Huge homes with yards and wide boulevards vs [[in brush park) densly packed homes and apartments with more retail in the immediate area. But I dont agree that Boston-Edison is threatened in the way Brush Park used to be. Most of the homes remain [[and the surrounding areas are relatively stable in Detroit terms), and the North End will likely see a lot of development due to the light-rail. I do agree that taxes are a huge obsticle. Lowering them would be wise in this area.

But I definately prefer Brush Park, even though it is mostly abandoned. I see more potential there to create a true urban neighborhood. Hopefully one day there will be seemless connection [[with no missing teeth) btwn Cass Park, Downtown, and Eastern Market.