Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Most of the 900+ homes in B-E are in appalling condition, and with the real estate market at its present level who would want to put any money into the area knowing there are just pissing into the wind. I have been a big supporter of the city but watching most of the historic districts in the city including once untouchable Palmer Woods turn into "ghetto" areas I do not see much hope for them to survive. All I can say is that I cry deeply as I watch some of the best residential architecture anything in the country left to rot on the vine!!
    While I understand that there are some vacant homes in Boston-Edison, and there are a significant number of homes that need significant renovation, I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say that most of the homes in B-E are in "appalling condition." I took a lengthy drive through the neighborhood with a neighborhood resident within the past six months, looking at many of the homes, and I have to say that many of the homes are at least superficially in pretty good shape. Of course, they may need interior renovations, but I would hardly say that most of the houses are in "appalling" condition.

Lorax Guest

Does anyone know if 31 Arden Park Blvd. sold? It looks like it's fallen off the market, but hasn't ended up on the sold list I have access to.

Sure, it's going to take bucks to restore it, but it wasn't in such bad shape from what I recall, and any work could be done incrementally.

It's the tax situation that drives many people away- you'd have alot of people willing to take a risk on a city without measurable services if the taxes reflected the values.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Does anyone know if 31 Arden Park Blvd. sold? It looks like it's fallen off the market, but hasn't ended up on the sold list I have access to.

Sure, it's going to take bucks to restore it, but it wasn't in such bad shape from what I recall, and any work could be done incrementally.

It's the tax situation that drives many people away- you'd have alot of people willing to take a risk on a city without measurable services if the taxes reflected the values.
    Yes Ralph 31 Arden Park was sold mid November and suprisingly quite a few of the better homes in that price range sold around the same time.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Yes Ralph 31 Arden Park was sold mid November and suprisingly quite a few of the better homes in that price range sold around the same time.
    Glad to hear someone bought it, must have sold privately, since it hasn't hit the sold list yet.

Who's Ralph?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Glad to hear someone bought it, must have sold privately, since it hasn't hit the sold list yet.

Who's Ralph?
    Sorry I have a friend whose boat is named Lorax, just was guessing. I looked at 31 Arden Park and in Nov the home was pending, I guess the taxes and other problems scared the potential owners off, but then that is a common problem in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by cman710 View Post
    While I understand that there are some vacant homes in Boston-Edison, and there are a significant number of homes that need significant renovation, I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say that most of the homes in B-E are in "appalling condition." I took a lengthy drive through the neighborhood with a neighborhood resident within the past six months, looking at many of the homes, and I have to say that many of the homes are at least superficially in pretty good shape. Of course, they may need interior renovations, but I would hardly say that most of the houses are in "appalling" condition.
    I drive B-E at least once a week and yes most of the homes are in apalling condition especially those west of the Lodge to Linwood. Most everyone drives B-E up to the Lodge from Woodward and many of the homes there are in marginal to exceptional condition. Take a deeper look the next time you tour the area.