Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

This sounds so Detroit. Isn't there a song called the "Wrecking Ball" ? That could become Detroit's Anthem. All the burnt out houses and Detroit wants to demolish beautiful historic buildings.

Back in the Coleman Era, several libraries were put on short openings. Our branch was Jefferson on Outer Drive. A study of usage was commissioned and Jefferson had the highest patronage for a branch library. Unfortunately, for patrons, since the neighborhood was still predomintly white, our branch was axed as a full service library. We went instead to Kennedy Library in Harper Woods which at the time was county owned and also took a subscription to the GP library.

My Mom attended East Commerce High School and Twain was her library. She is 90 now, I won't tell her about demolish plans cause she would cry.

I have been contemplating volunteering as a reader mentor for DPS but if area libraries keep closing whats the point?

Seems like Detroit wants to eliminate it past. Lets put up more sculptures like the amazing ugly Joe Louis fist. Poor man deserved better. Harmonie Park, a german enclave is now Paradise Valley? Maybe the philosophy is destroy history so it can be re written.

Pathetic.