Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Bearinabox, the Chene bus runs along Jos. Campau thru Hamtramck. So it's possible.
    But by the time it hits Chene, it's already through Hamtown and out the other side. The only things south of there on the Chene line are Lafayette/Elmwood Park and downtown. There's no industry in Lafayette or Elmwood, so the stamping plant he was working at couldn't have been there, and if he was riding downtown for a transfer, why not ride the Van Dyke or the Oakland all the way into town instead of transferring to the Chene at Nevada? Maybe he wanted to stop off at New Palace for some kolatchkies on his way into work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    I found this list of theaters along Chene.

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com...p?search=chene
    There is some info on it in this thread: http://atdetroit.net/cgi-bin/foroum/...=5&page=161692

It was the Fredro Theater [[aka King Theater)- 5317 Chene, designed in 1913 by architects Norm Feldman and Alfred Scaler, one of Detroit's earliest Polish drama stages.
    http://wayne.migenweb.net/polonia.html

i'm against most demolitions- Detroit has a character that many new cities don't have- it needs to hold on to that just like Buffalo should.

There is a nice building a few doors down from the one demolished on the same side of the street- wonder if that will go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    i'm against most demolitions- Detroit has a character that many new cities don't have- it needs to hold on to that just like Buffalo should.

There is a nice building a few doors down from the one demolished on the same side of the street- wonder if that will go to?
    Just wondering..are you talking about one of the buildings in the first picture I posted?

I thought I would post this here because it is near the Chene and Frederick buidling. I'm pretty sure the intersection here is Chene and Farnsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    Greetings--

There is a thriving bakery on Chene. See the attached photo of the window display I took a few weeks while riding my bike through the neighborhood.

I think you'll agree the selection is mouth watering.

Enjoy!
    The baked goods are courtesy of some artists from the 555 Gallery on Michigan.

Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Regarding the topic of demolition of all these structures in the city, I can't help to think there must be some grand plan in the future for all this vacant land.
    Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    The baked goods are courtesy of some artists from the 555 Gallery on Michigan.

Just FYI
    Thanks izzy, I think they are pretty cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2