Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

saw the new 'standards'....meaning spears. They looked ok, better then nothing. It was dark out, sorry I didn't get pictures.

But if the brandenburg gate has the standard, can't we restore them?

Lorax Guest

Talented folk like the Venus Bronze works staff can easily replicate the standards, as there are great photos of them out there. Massey Rhind's original drafts for the quadrigas are most likely in existence somewhere, and could be referenced as well.

I think since the restoration and payment for it was long and drawn out, and seemingly contentious at the end, the standards may have been 'downsized' to save money.

I'm in Florida now, and can't see them in person, so I'll look forward to someone else posting a few close ups of the newly installed beauties soon!

I passed by these on the road Saturday morning and i was going to post and ask if anyone knew what they were!!!
    Mystery solved