Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    u2, but you are wrong . Your use of the word in this context was absolutely wrong.

I suggest English 101, it'll help a whole lot. Well, maybe Never mind, it won't.

U betcha!
    Sure as hell didn't help YOU much did it? U is just laziness.

ccbatson Guest

When my dog does this kind of thing, I distract him so he can engage in more productive activities.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    When my dog does this kind of thing, I distract him so he can engage in more productive activities.
    Oh, your dog checks your spelling and grammar mistakes?

ccbatson Guest

Get stuck on some trivial self destructive item...same thing.

Hey...it worked here just like it does with my dogs....frankly, I thought it would and was testing the hypothesis...affirmed in less than 5 minutes.

Stosh Guest

Get stuck on some trivial self destructive item...same thing.

Hey...it worked here just like it does with my dogs....frankly, I thought it would and was testing the hypothesis...affirmed in less than 5 minutes.
    Yeppers, your dog sure is smarter than you. Confirmed MY hypothesis as well.

ccbatson Guest

Did you notice that the spelling issue got dropped after my distraction?? Hmmm...interesting, no?

Stosh Guest

Did you notice that the spelling issue got dropped after my distraction?? Hmmm...interesting, no?
    Well no actally. I'm STILL responding to the fact that your dog checks your spelling, which is directly related to your lack of comprehension and spelling prowess. How you seem to think that your pathetic efforts at misdirection make a single bit of difference in my focus is amazing.

Not interesting at all, you ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~!

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Beating up on Afghan farmers doesn't prove you're a manly-man bad-ass, it just proves you're a bully. Maybe that's something you aspire to, but I expect better from my country.
    Who has been beating up the afghan farmers???

Hey Bats, do you mean like posting 50 comments in a row, each one about a sentence long and none of them making any sense?

Hey Bats, you know we love you. You're our favorite target. Offer it up.

Lorax Guest

Since when did you start teaching your dog to clean himself? There aren't more "productive" activities that that? I knew Rethuglicans were weird.

Lorax Guest

Not so fast. Read my above post. Cheers!

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Oh, your dog checks your spelling and grammar mistakes?
    Apparently not, he keeps making them. Damn that dog!

Lorax Guest

All right, knock of the anal retentive spelling and grammar obsession...it demeans those using it as an distracting argument.
    Actually it's "as a distracting argument," not "an". Since we're on the subject.

ccbatson
    Last Activity: Yesterday 05:26 PM
    Statistics
    Total Posts
    Total Posts: 5,649
    Posts Per Day: 22.67

I thought there was a 20 post per day limit?

Blarf Guest

It's funny because the people who voted Obama in are pissed off now because of this move. Bad way to alienate your base.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    Oh goody! This is where I get to be a liberal.

Its affect, not effect.

Affect would be the cause whereas effect would be the result.

Maybe effectuate would have been a better choice for ya?

Goodness, it is fun being a liberal now and then.

I really like this game.

Yup, You Betcha!!
    Wrong, falsely authoritative one. "Effect" was used correctly.

As for the matter at hand, no one has any business being-- or acting-- surprised. During his campaign, Obama made no secret of his opinion that we needed to worry more about Afghanistan than Iraq.
    If some folks were in such a hurry to vote him in, because of what they felt he represented to them, that they weren't actually paying any real attention to who he really is, what he's really about, and what his intentions really were, that's their fault, not his.
    I suspect that at least 20% of the people who voted for him knew nothing more, about him, than that he's a black guy.

Blarf Guest

Why has Afghanistan suddenly become the main focus? Does this so called "Al Qaeda" even have an established location? I thought we were still trying to rebuild Iraq? Weren't most of the 9-11 hijackers from Saudi Arabia?

Questions, questions, questions.

Ravine Guest

If you have been keeping up with the whole bit, for any time at all, I can't imagine how those could be questions.

Quote: "If you have been keeping up with the whole bit, for any time at all, I can't imagine how those could be questions."

Agreed.

I think it's as simple as this. The place was so much more fucked up because of our invasion and propping up of a puppet government, to leave now would be inhumane and morally wrong. While I don't agree with the war, I certainly don't agree with leaving people hung out to dry, knowing that they are gonna get killed as soon as we leave. After the last 8 years, there is a moral obligation to leave the country in at least the same condition as we found it.

"Things ain't what they used to be, love's the only thing I see..." There were six of them at the campfire, singing a Young Rascals song. They thought they would never get old. One did not, and his name is on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall. Damn, it is happening again!

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    I think it's as simple as this. The place was so much more fucked up because of our invasion and propping up of a puppet government, to leave now would be inhumane and morally wrong. While I don't agree with the war, I certainly don't agree with leaving people hung out to dry, knowing that they are gonna get killed as soon as we leave. After the last 8 years, there is a moral obligation to leave the country in at least the same condition as we found it.
    Remember Yugoslavia? The Serbs, Croats, and Muslims hated each other for decades; the only thing keeping them in check was Tito's iron hand.

Tito died. "Ethnic cleansing", mass rape, and attempted genocide ensued.

We can't keep the Afghans from killing each other. They'll just wait until "Tito" dies [[figuratively), be that next week or ten years from now.

The place was a mes when we found it. It'll be a mess once we leave. I say, the sooner, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    It's funny because the people who voted Obama in are pissed off now because of this move. Bad way to alienate your base.
    You're correct on this one.

Well, he's alienated at least one that I know of.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast