Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
An optimist says that a link works 1/3 of the time; a pessimist says that it does not work 2/3rd of the time, and my link to the Kuch works all of the time, but apparently we're only supposed to discuss Dennis Kucinich that Ola likes, and not the Kucinich that Barnesfoto likes...
Bring up whatever subject you wish in any thread. This is a thread about Obama expanding the war - which he is doing. When you decided to make it a thread about illegal immigrants [[post #195) I addressed your diversion.

Now, in post # 195, you want Kucinich to be the topic instead of Obama widening the war. So I'll play along and address Kucinich too: I think that Rep. Kucinich is a rare Congressman who is not beholden to corporate and military interests. He often bucks the larger status quo element of his own Party. In the link I submited, he rails against the Bush/Obama policy in Afghanistan. I have a lot of respect for Rep. Kucinich and admire his lovely wife. However, I disagree with him on some major economic and Constitutional issues. One of them is his acceptance of a huge underclass of illegal foreign workers who make it impossible because of the labor supply/demand disruption for American workers to demand higher wages thereby allowing the elites to make off with a larger share of national wealth.

OK, I've addressed Kucinich, illegal immigration, and whether Afghanistan is in the Middle-east or Asia. Now it's your turn. Please expand upon your reasons about why you think it's such a good idea for Obama to be expanding the war[[s) in the Middle-east and/or Asia [[your diversion from post # 183). So far, your only comments found on this thread regarding the Afghanistan war were [[post #176), " There are good arguments for staying in A-stan for a bit longer, there are good arguments for getting out. Personally, I'd like everyone to come home tomorrow, except there's one little problem: Where are all those people going to work? "" And from post # 179 " that Barack Obama did not promise to disengage from all wars, from the start he stated that the case that Afghanistan was a valid war."