Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gnome do you really think Detroit is that bad or that different ? I think people with attitudes like yours is our number 1 problem.

andybsg Guest

You guys are being way too hard on Gnome. I understand where he is coming from. Most of my family would have no problem, but I know lots of folks who would. Not because Detroit is actually so bad, but because there expectations are of it being so bad. All Gnome is saying is, hey. if they are the type to get stressed out about being in the city, then your wedding is not the right time to try to change their perception. Pick your battles I suppose, so lighten up on Gnome, his advice was solid and received well by Hybridy.

Also, Gnome is one of the most ardent backers of Detroit and is here all the time.

Stromberg2

Gnome - Or is it troll? I was going to ignore your lame response, but I thought I should enlighten you.

When I went to Cass Tech [[69-71) it was ranked by Parade Magazine as one of the 10 best high schools in the COUNTRY, where was your high school ranked? I also managed to muddle my way through WSU and somehow [[just lucky, I guess) managed to graduate in spite of my DPS education. I would be happy to compare tax returns if you think that a DPS education was so inferior.

Your rants about grafitti, bag people and etc. have nothing to do with someone being able to navigate the streets of our city, unless you feel that such "horrible" sights would traumatize Uncle Ed and Aunt Mary so much that they would forget how to drive and/or follow directions. Obviously, these sights have deeply affected you.

You need to get out a little more, my job has taken me all over North America and guess what - All major cities have areas just like the ones you described and many a lot worse - Ever been to Cabrini-Green or Watts? How about south Philly or Mexico City?

But that is enough, as engaging in a battle of wits with you appears to be the same as dueling with an unarmed person. Take care.

forgive me if this is a terrible idea, but what about something in the ren cen. coach insignia is prolly not an option, but maybe andiamos and then drinks in coach insignia??? both sides are familiar with the location and there won't be more than 4 cars of people. each car will have a driver familiar with the downtown area. opus one was tossed around, but they're catering the actual wedding. the lady's mom nixed sinbad's. the interior is so-so, and we want to showcase the cbd. i'd be interested to check out angelina's. i've heard many positive things so far. we're kind of against the suburbs for this because we've already settled for troy for the reception. and if we're already downtown whats 10 more mins on the lodge to get to the cbd?

Not downtown, but we had ours at Cadieux Cafe a number of years ago. The food's decent. There's plenty of parking. And you rent the lanes to close out the night with your out of town guests.

We had a great time, and friends and family still talk about how much fun they had that night.

Angelina's is great, fantastic food, good service and not crazy expensive. Da Edourdo Foxtown could be a thought, they would have room for twenty and you could do a small menu rather then guests ordering from the entire menu [[cheaper). They have that great location right across from Comerica with all those windows to people watch out of.

My office is having a oliday luncheon at Andiamo's in a couple weeks. They have a nice private room. You can do a family style meal with two entrees and a bunch of other stuff for about $27 per person which includes taxes and gratuity.

I also recommend Andiamo at the Ren Cen. The food is outstanding, its an interesting and unique location, service is good, wine selection is excellent, and they have valet parking. The driving route from Marygrove is straightforward, and actually closer & quicker than going to Birmingham as someone above suggested.

As for Birmigham, its been my experience that the crowds up there can be a bit pretentious. Especially at Dick O'dow's. The place has more of a bar atmosphere and can get pretty smoky. If your in-laws are from Alabama, I guess Dick O'dow's would be OK. But this is, after all, a fairly special occasion, and you might want to show them a little bit of class. Andiamo is the perfect choice.

Attachment 4164

Very funny and creative gnome, hats off to you!

But, you never answered any of my questions, a diversionary response is not really a response - Any reason to be ashamed of your high school since you were so quick to bash DPS?

Anyway, have a nice day.

Who sez I graduated from high school? CTA, your curiosity is flattering but a classic threadjack. This thread is about our young friend Hybridy and his hopes for a successful Rehearsal Dinner.

That said, I imagine, if you'd like to arrange a high-noon shootout with W-2s something could be arranged. But to be truthful, I've never heard of any such test of man-hood, is that something you Techies do a class reunions?

Gnome:

You are absolutley correct about my response turning into a threadjack, please accept my apology as that was not my intent and I did not realize it until now - Thank you for pointing it out.

Ms. G Guest

Try DeAngelos on Telegraph between Grand River and 6 Mile.

Gnome is dead on correct. He's not saying those perceptions are HIS, he's saying most suburbanites who do not see big cities as devastated as Detroit very often will have varying degrees of discomfort seeing the city. Gnome isn't happy about that, he's just stating fact. So, the big question is how coccooned in the suburbs are Hybrid's guests and how much of the city can they handle without feeling discomfort? Whether they should feel discomfort isn't the point, and can't be addressed on rehearsal dinner day. The point is, what will be most comfortable for them?

Traffic Jam just did a nice birthday party for me....appetizers and our own server in their private room. Seats about 30, IIRC. Reasonable price and very easy to work with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2