Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm glad we have DRGs to help keep the second handers in line.

Rideron Guest

No offense mean't there, Lorax. Your innocent, child-like faith and belief in the altruism of 'government' is really quite charming; like those paintings of little kids with huge heads a giant big eyes!

I'm curious Rideron, who pays for your insurance?

Rideron Guest

Well ejames, curiosity can certainly be a positive characteristic to have.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    No offense mean't there, Lorax. Your innocent, child-like faith and belief in the altruism of 'government' is really quite charming; like those paintings of little kids with huge heads a giant big eyes!
    How sweet!

I had a similar view of you, but with griege-gray skin and fangs.

By the way, Ridemeron, who pays for your insurance? I'll bet you're hiding one of those "Cadillac" health care plans under the sheets!

It's not that I have faith in any governmental or private entity for that matter- it's just preferable, and cheaper to pool resources with an existing bureaucracy rather than hand it over to a giant for-profit corporation who could be selling sweat socks for as much as health care really means to them.

Then when the individual can't afford to pay the bloated bills, they go after peoples homes, investments, as well as their future earnings in a money grab that will last the patient's lifetime. Then they go after their assets when they die.

I'll take my chances with a government run agency any day of the week in that scenario.

Also, Batts, you're upset that Medicare exists to keep your fees in check-Mecicare is much better at auditing the egregious fees for procedures foisted upon them by the corporate medical establishment.

I say give us more of it- Medicare for all. Anything to end the billion dollar paydays for Bill Frist and his fascist brothers at United Health Scare.

Quote: "Well ejames, curiosity can certainly be a positive characteristic to have."

Translated: I get free medical insurance, doesn't cost me a dime. Glenn Beck said this is the best way.

All these people with these sweetheart benefit packages have a rude awakening coming. With skyrocketing health care costs, think these companies are going to keep kissing their employees' ass, while there are mobs of people on the street available to replace them? If so, I have a bridge for sale on Ebay, Buy it now.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; December-03-09 at 09:38 AM.

Rideron Guest

Oh! you all have smote my ruin!

Self-loathing and remorse now cut thru me as unmercifully as the blade of the sickle through the field!!

Yes, I see it now, ...so just and cold shall now be the enlightened fate which hereunto has late favored me.

Utter desolation of fortune and unmerciful reproach shall henceforth be my only rightful inheritance...

etc. etc. etc.

Stosh Guest

Self-loathing and remorse now cut thru me as unmercifully as the blade of the sickle through the field!!

Yes, I see it now, ...so just and cold shall now be the enlightened fate which hereunto has late favored me.

Utter desolation of fortune and unmerciful reproach shall henceforth be my only rightful inheritance...

etc. etc. etc.
    Thanks for sharing that. I'm not sure why, but thanks anyway.

Lorax Guest

etc. etc. etc.
    WTF?

Another sunken eyed old troll obsessed with jewelry- you must be Joan Rivers.

ccbatson Guest

Medicaid, SCHIP, charity care, private payment...and various combinations of the above.

Never denied healthcare...possibly denied health care insurance.

If it is my child or my health, I move heaven and earth, spend every last dime, turn every stone...and then, as a last resort only, look at the safety net options.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Medicaid, SCHIP, charity care, private payment...and various combinations of the above.

Never denied healthcare...possibly denied health care insurance.

If it is my child or my health, I move heaven and earth, spend every last dime, turn every stone...and then, as a last resort only, look at the safety net options.
    so do 99% of the people, bub. but guess what -- you still want those safety net options there, even if they are a last resort

Cc's Lexicon:

Denied: "You can't have an aspirin."
    Not Denied: "You can have an aspirin; that'll be $600. Cash or Visa? Sorry, we don't take checks."

Lorax Guest

Geez, at that rate, how does he afford the adult diapers? We know he has to change them nightly here on Dyes.

The compendium of misquotes, distortions and outright lies in 'Going Rouge' is pretty darn hilarious and probably a thread all it's own, however, from the "you just can't make this up" file....

As the epigram to Chapter Three, "Drill, Baby, Drill," Palin assigns the following remarks to the Hall of Fame hoops coach[UCLA, John Wooden]:
    Our land is everything to us... I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember our grandfathers paid for it--with their lives.
    Only the quote wasn't by John Wooden. It was written by a Native American activist named John Wooden Legs in an essay entitled "Back on the War Ponies," which appeared in a left-wing anthology, We Are the People: Voices from the Other Side of American History, edited by Nathaniel May, Clint Willis, and James W. Loewen.

Here's the full quote:
    Our land is everything to us. It is the only place in the world where Cheyennes talk the Cheyenne language to each other. It is the only place where Cheyennes remember the same things together. I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember our grandfathers paid for it--with their life. My people and the Sioux defeated General Custer at the Little Big Horn.

Did anyone edit or fact check this book before publishing? seriously. I'm asking.

It would appear not...

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    The compendium of misquotes, distortions and outright lies in 'Going Rouge' is pretty darn hilarious and probably a thread all it's own, however, from the "you just can't make this up" file....

Did anyone edit or fact check this book before publishing? seriously. I'm asking.
    Priceless.

'Going Rouge'
    Rogue. Going Rouge is something else:

http://www.orbooks.com/

http://www.goingrouge.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Rogue. Going Rouge is something else:

http://www.orbooks.com/

http://www.goingrouge.net/
    that was my little attempt at tongue in cheek humor....had heard the joke it before. didnt realize someone had put a book out.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    that was my little attempt at tongue in cheek humor....had heard the joke it before. didnt realize someone had put a book out.
    2 books actually. One is a coloring book.

Quote: "Did anyone edit or fact check this book before publishing? seriously. I'm asking."

Fact check? I'm quite sure the people writing and producing that book assumed whomever would read it, would not know the difference between fact, falsehood, fantasy or psychotic ramblings. Fact checking would just be an unnecessary cost.

"The earth's 5000 years old? hmmm yeah go ahead throw it in there"

This just in: She's a birther, too.

http://gawker.com/5418676/palin-beco...yline=true&s=x

Lorax Guest

A birther, deather, social retard, sycophant, xenophobe, homophobe [[keep an eye on that son of hers, there's more than one reason he's banished to Iraq) you name it, she's got it!

I still believe "Trig" is really her daughter's. Still haven't seen the kid's birth certificate yet, nor the black security guard from Bristol's high school who's also vanished. I'm just sayin'!

ccbatson Guest

Birther's are probably correct but we will never know and it is fruitless to pursue.

ccbatson Guest

Lorax...the odds of Downs in a teen versus a mid forties Mom are infinitesimally small. Common things occur commonly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast