a few months ago, Fox 2 News was doing a news story on DPS and one of the clips they showed was a brief shot of a classroom where the kids were working at tables. As the camera pans around, a girl reaches across the desk to a boy's paper and he balls up his fist and gestures as if he is going to hit her and she does the same. Then they spot the camera on them and they both sit back down. I'm sure you guys have seen this clip, because ever since then, Fox 2 has shown it continuously whenever there is a DPS story, they use this SAME clip. I don't care what the story is, there is the clip of the misbehaving kids acting "violently" toward each other.

I have Ch. 2 news on every morning as I get ready for work and I'm always annoyed by it and sometimes yell at the screen but never thought to do anything about it, until tonight I was talking to a teacher friend of mine in another city who mentioned this same video clip. As a teacher, she was quite offended that they are constantly showing this clip showing the kids at their worst, when they could surely substitute it for something else, because having it drilled into our heads regularly just helps reinforce the idea that all DPS kids are insolent and rude.

I thought, wow, I can't believe you're bringing this up because its bothered me too! We all know the media images are very powerful and effective, and I'm sure they know that too.

So I'm asking who else is tired of seeing this clip nearly 2-3 times a week accompanying every DPS story? I'm not even a DPS parent or resident, but it bothers me because its unfair. They should have even edited it out before airing the first time, but to keep re-using it is unfair to the students of DPS as a whole.

If anyone else agrees, what can we do about it? Who can we write at Fox 2 and ask them to please stop using it and replace it with something else, heck, just show the kids WORKING at their desks, or even sitting and smiling or something. Should we write to Robert Bobb, who's behind this huge remarketing campaign for DPS?