Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    If I'm the coach, I start the reunited line of Z, Pavel and Homer in game 4. Team needs a spark, this could be it.
    Look who was spot on! Except I really feel the best move was putting Hossa and Franzen together. It seems like a no brainer it's almost crazy it wasn't done earlier. Especially if Randy wants to put Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan out there. I will take that match-up all-day

Nice job by Kopecky using his face to mess up Beuchemin's hand. At least he got him off the ice for 5 mins, talk about taking one for the team. So now he's out, bring on Ville Leino.

Some line changes are out of hand. Last night after a long stoppage of play, there was a faceoff, Detroit shot it down into Ducks ice, and changed lines five seconds after the puck was dropped.

Other times, they seem to make changes at very inopportune times. Just my hunch.

Nice job by Kopecky using his face to mess up Beuchemin's hand. At least he got him off the ice for 5 mins, talk about taking one for the team. So now he's out, bring on Ville Leino.
    No sir...ABDELKADER!

Abdelkader is a good choice, should bring a physical presence. Ducks just got off the ice at Allen Park Arena. Closed practice.

What a breath of fresh air.

The wings have been hit and miss this series vs. the Ducks. Sunday is the team I am used to seeing. Very disciplined and a focus on puck control/shots on goal. During almost 10 minutes of the 2nd period, we didn't leave their zone. It was great to watch.

If I'm the coach, I start the reunited line of Z, Pavel and Homer in game 4. Team needs a spark, this could be it.
    ^^ When did Mike Babcock join the forums?

^^Ha Ha^^ I'm no Babcock but I did coach mites through bantams so I suppose that makes me an expert. I had to get out when the parents started driving me insane. I wonder if any of the Wings players parents complain to Babcock about their sons ice time.

^^Ha Ha^^ I'm no Babcock but I did coach mites through bantams so I suppose that makes me an expert. I had to get out when the parents started driving me insane. I wonder if any of the Wings players parents complain to Babcock about their sons ice time.
    Hudler's probably. I wonder if Chelios tells Babs to respect his elders...

Big game tonight.

I am psyched for the action.

Early prediction: Star of the game...... Chris Osgood.

A storybook ending to this game would be a winning goal by McCarty...or Chelios. Mind your elders!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    A storybook ending to this game would be a winning goal by McCarty...or Chelios. Mind your elders!
    I truly hope that McCarty does not come close to stepping foot on the ice. He really brings nothing to the table anymore. He has no legs and can't fore check hard enough to put any real pressure on defenders looking to break the puck out. He floats in the neutral zone because he doesn't have the ability to change direction fast to anticipate puck movement any longer, and the same can be said for the defensive zone where he becomes a major liability that only forces his line mates into higher pressure situations.

^^You just described how I play these days in the senior beer leagues^^

^^You just described how I play these days in the senior beer leagues^^
    That's fine and dandy for Beer Leagues like a Senior C or what have you, but that cannot and should not fly in the NHL. I don't care what emotional attachment the city has with a player. Especially one as bad as McCarty. When I went to the game vs. Tampa down here, I got into quite a few arguments over why D-Mac had no business being in the NHL

ccbatson Guest

One can never tell for sure, but it looks like we have the momentum going for us now.

Neidermeier's [[sp?) elbow on Datsyuk was far more vicious and deliberate than the elbow from Holmstrom that was described as "gutless" by a Duck player in an earlier game.
    Enough said. Let it go, and let the players determine the outcome of game seven!

I got the game 7 jitters. I'll be fine once the puck drops, but till then its best I stay away from everybody.

Yes...........

Jesus. I'm limp.

Now for a great series with the Black Hawks! Detroit in 6.

ccbatson Guest

They just are not going to make this easy, are they?? Oh well, I don't suppose that is really what fans want anyway.

They beat the Ducks, but more importantly, they beat the refs, too.

The Darren Helm goal was phenomenal, looked like Federov or Coffey. The Redwings' talent is on every string. Quite a game. Anaheim is dirty playing team, good to see them go down.

as a Chicagoland native, i'm looking forward to this series. may the winner take the cup [[pref. Wings!)

I guess we all can breathe a little easier now...Chicago and Wings ...time to get the O2 again...

ccbatson Guest

The obvious team rivalry, plus the perceived rivalry between the 2 cities....excellent.

Those Black Hawks have a strange goal scoring celebration.

Attachment 1241

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast