Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

I, for one, am tired of everyone sucking Cindy Crosby's c*ck. What has he proven on the ice? Ovechkin is far more of a complete player, and the way the young Caps have gelled around him is a testament to his leadership abilities.

Widdle Cindy don't wike it when you thwow him on the boards. But he'll have a HELL of a Pittsburgh molester mustache by the Second Round! Woo.

Bloodstained Gary Bettman: 'I Have Taken The Necessary Measures To Ensure A Crosby-Ovechkin Final'

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...urce=a-section
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; April-22-09 at 01:45 PM.

Being here in the hockey wasteland of the high desert, I am relegated to Versus for seeing the Stanley Cup games. They aired Game 1 of the Red Wings and Bluejackets, and that's it. The next scheduled game on Versus is game 5, if the series goes that far. I guess being Stanley Cup champs and having maybe the only nationwide NHL fan base didn't meet their criteria for broadcast.

Has anyone subscribed to the nhl.com package this season? I may have to get that next season.

And....Ovie is a better person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1yeT1f2jg

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Being here in the hockey wasteland of the high desert, I am relegated to Versus for seeing the Stanley Cup games. They aired Game 1 of the Red Wings and Bluejackets, and that's it. The next scheduled game on Versus is game 5, if the series goes that far. I guess being Stanley Cup champs and having maybe the only nationwide NHL fan base didn't meet their criteria for broadcast.

Has anyone subscribed to the nhl.com package this season? I may have to get that next season.
    If I knew I could get both CBC and Comcast-DC included, I'd get NHL Center Ice. Craig Laughlin, working the Caps games, is the most stellar color commentator south of the border. Maybe next year....

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post

You don't think they are televising the Pens/Flyers series for a reason???

Cindy is a Penguin and a savior of the NHL

It's not coincidental that the Wings get a lot of no calls and bad calls. Case in point, the game winning penalty shot in the last minutes of the Chicago game at the end of the regular season. Also the couple goals called back on Holmstrom in last year's playoffs that video review showed should not have been called back [[coincidentally the same reff both times in 2 different games)

I'd like to see Stewart knock out Crosby like he did Umberger last night.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor56 View Post
    OMG, Stuart cleaned his clock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sq816HOK4

Worth another look, or five.

Nice little tilt going on in Calgary right now if you guys aren't watching

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Nice little tilt going on in Calgary right now if you guys aren't watching
    I saw some highlights of the previous Calgary\Chicago game while at dinner and watching the Boston game. Looked like Calgary was on a checking fest and hitting everyone. Wished I could have seen the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor56 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoc5yoRxoQQ

Close enough for now

What's nice is if the Wings finish the Jackets off in 4, then we can sit back and watch the Sharks/Ducks and Hawks/Flames pummel each other for up to 7 games. They will be battle weary when we ge to them.

And if we get the Canucks, I feel pretty good about beating them. It's just - How well will Luongo play?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    What's nice is if the Wings finish the Jackets off in 4, then we can sit back and watch the Sharks/Ducks and Hawks/Flames pummel each other for up to 7 games. They will be battle weary when we ge to them.

And if we get the Canucks, I feel pretty good about beating them. It's just - How well will Luongo play?
    Considering that the Canucks never really blew away St. Louis in any of their games, I think Detroit would match up against the Canucks very well. The Blues barely rolled more than 2 1/2 lines against them in offense [[Detroit can easily roll three pretty potent lines) and if the Blues PP was even semi-proficient- the games should've been that much closer.

ccbatson Guest

Although the downtime might diminish the momentum and focus.

....and while the crowd cheered, the Boston Bruins quietly destroyed the Habs and discretely awaited their next foe....

...which will probably be New York in one of the bigger upsets in a while. Unless you predicted Ovie would vanish and the Caps goaltending would absolutely suck.

Quote Originally Posted by SCS100 View Post
    ...which will probably be New York in one of the bigger upsets in a while. Unless you predicted Ovie would vanish and the Caps goaltending would absolutely suck.
    Suck??? Varlamov has played VERY well for a 20-year old with little starting experience. Kid has given up 3 goals...3

And come on...Do you guys know nothing about hockey??? Lundqvist is one of the best goalies in the NHL, don't think that a goalie can't take a series no matter how good the opposition is, just ask Mikka Kipprusoff, or Guigeire... Or Curtis Joseph, who did it more than once in Toronto, I think those pesky guys in Edmonton have done it as well...

I was referring to Theodore, Varlamov would be up for Conn Smythe if they were to actually go somewhere. I do not mean to knock Lundqvist at all, but seriously, the Rangers had practically vanished for the most of the season and most of their players were not playing at the level they should have been. If the Caps had a bit more experience and Ovechkin had not vanished, then this might have actually been a series.

Quote Originally Posted by SCS100 View Post
    I was referring to Theodore, Varlamov would be up for Conn Smythe if they were to actually go somewhere. I do not mean to knock Lundqvist at all, but seriously, the Rangers had practically vanished for the most of the season and most of their players were not playing at the level they should have been. If the Caps had a bit more experience and Ovechkin had not vanished, then this might have actually been a series.
    SCS makes a good point. NY impressed me once this year. That was with their hot start in Europe. They were way ahead of the league for 20 games and went into protection mode for the last 60. Dubinsky was flash in the pan. Drury had a mediocre season. Zherdev may have been their best player, and he was strong to quite strong fantasy wise.

The Caps sealed it by losing at home twice. I won't fully agree that Alex has been missing, but I could agree that only one goal in five games is uncharacteristic of him. He could pop a hat trick tomorrow for all we know. Hey, upsets happen. Whether the Caps choked, or the Rangers found that early season gel, I will not committ to either reasoning. As always, I will slide out the side door by saying it was a little of both.

Well, Detroit swept, but even I will admit that the last goal was on a botched call by the refs. They could have [[and probably should have) let the teams play on instead of calling that penalty. Columbus deserved to lose on a better goal.

Now onto the second round! Go Wings!

Well, let's hope that Osgood's left leg heals this week!

Refs had to make that too many men call. Bone head play on the part of the player coming off the bench and playing the puck when the player he was replacing wasn't even at the bench yet. They teach that in pee wee hockey. I'm no fan of refs these days but they got that one right for sure. Good to see the Wings in a tough game though, its going to get harder next round.

I agree. A good call.

It speaks volumes on how the Jackets lost this series. They were destroyed on our power plays. Commodore couldn't keep himself out of the cooler, let alone our bench. They took bad penalties at the worst times and this is just the icing on the cake.

Go Wings!

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    The Caps sealed it by losing at home twice. I won't fully agree that Alex has been missing, but I could agree that only one goal in five games is uncharacteristic of him. He could pop a hat trick tomorrow for all we know. Hey, upsets happen. Whether the Caps choked, or the Rangers found that early season gel, I will not committ to either reasoning. As always, I will slide out the side door by saying it was a little of both.
    I've been watching both the Caps/Rangers series and the Cavs/Pistons series, and one thing is clear. While the Cavs have a superstar, LeBron has also become a leader, the guy who sets the tone, who the team gels around. Ovie is the Caps' superstar, but he's being too damn quiet to lead. He's happy to lead by example, it seems, and the team is suffering for it. Mike Green? Where the hell ya been, buddy? Can we get some net crashing, please, knowing damn well you're going up against a stud like Lundquist?

And will someone PLEASE find a way to get Sean Avery out of the NHL? The Hanson brothers would be embarrassed of this guy.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast