Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Now time for the Stanley Cup Finals Part 2.

The Motor City vs The Steel City, Part II

12 victories down, 4 to go...

They gotta stop these overtime games. My heart just can't take many more....

I know!!! What a nail biter tonight!

ccbatson Guest

Come on..in a month you will look back and love it...assuming they win the cup that is.

I'm with Ray and Erie--what's worse is an OT loss, and having to be at work the next day!

Out here in the Mountain time zone, the 8:00 eastern games start at 6:00. So, if they go long it's just more fun hockey to watch.

Christ...this guy is back...

To many hats!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWxtpI4bGg

Last edited by d.mcc; May-28-09 at 10:03 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Whew....now onto the next/last series.

Downside: Three games in four days does not favor the Wings, who are banged up.

Upside: Fortunately, we can watch CBC, and not have to listen to NBC [[Nothing But Crosby).

Prediction: The better team will win. Detroit in six, if Lidstrom is healthy.

This should be a good series, folks!

One thing I really enjoyed during the games in Chicago were the shots of the organ player jamming out in his Hawks jersey. Nothing like organ music at a hockey game, beats the hell out of the canned music at the Joe. Some good comments regarding this in todays story on Budd Lynch in the freep.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009052...290348/0/COL01

ccbatson Guest

Maybe the adversity and underdog status will be an asset as opposed to a liability.

Game 1 to the Wings thanks in large part to Fleury's various appendages.

Nice to see Crosby and Malkin shut down. The media has these two blown out of proportion. Crosby really looked disappointed..

Listening to Pierre LaFooFoo or whatever his name is, I was starting to believe that Crosby was the second coming.

Terrible crew at NBC. I'll be glad to get it back on Versus on Tuesday.

ccbatson Guest

Solid win from a weary Wings team.

CBC showed a clip of Fleury practicing with the puck bouncing off the end boards at the Joe. Must not have spent enough time on it though. I've played on both rinks and the boards at the Igloo are just as lively as the Joe, so no excuses.

2 to1 Detroit prior to the third period. Longest second period I have seen in a long time. Red Wings looking very well. Helm is one strong player.

3-1 now as Abdelkader scores another goal, this time 1 second later in the 3rd than the last game. Gotta love the State fight song in the background after that, that is very amusing.

In a somewhat amusing twist, the TSN series page for Detroit and Pittsburgh says that the Penguins lead the series 2-0. Whoops!

Those NBC announcers suck. They talk too much; they talk bullshit; and they talk pro Pittsburgh 80% of the time.

On the other hand, nearly all sports announcers talk too bloody much.

20 Minutes after being assessed a suspension for game 3, the NHL *surprise* took it back:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424480

ccbatson Guest

That "play fighting" between the announcers tonight was downright annoying.

Ray1936:

You are right. The wife, who is not a big sports fan, hates those guys on NBC. Don Cherry, as nuts as he is, is better listening. Radio might be better and imagining the action. Go Wings. 3 to 1 again.

ccbatson Guest

And it is clear that they are doing it as a put on and on purpose.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast