Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Hybrid View

Default NHL Playoffs

Blues are in the Playoffs baby!

Set to face the Wings right now, but it depends on what Anaheim does. The Wings will either face Anaheim or St. Louis. As a Blues fan, I'd rather face San Jose honestly.

See you in the playoffs!

I dunno. I'm getting bad vibes about the Wings just right now. I'd not be surprised to see them an early out.

Me, too. Something just isn't right about the team. Too many goals against, many resulting from careless passing in their own zone.
    Maybe they need a fire lit under their posteriors.

ccbatson Guest

That uncertainty ought to make for interesting and exciting games.

Besides sharp skates they got to sharpen their attitude a whole lot better than the debacle this last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 14509glenfield View Post
    Besides sharp skates they got to sharpen their attitude a whole lot better than the debacle this last Sunday.
    Whats that, playing it safe for the playoffs??? The 2nd spot was already secured, they had no reason to play at 100% and risk injury to top skaters. They needed to look ahead to Columbus. The Presidents trophy was lost, spot secured. No need to do anything stupid, just play the game loose and get ready for the run.

Being here in the hockey wasteland of the high desert, I am relegated to Versus for seeing the Stanley Cup games. They aired Game 1 of the Red Wings and Bluejackets, and that's it. The next scheduled game on Versus is game 5, if the series goes that far. I guess being Stanley Cup champs and having maybe the only nationwide NHL fan base didn't meet their criteria for broadcast.

Has anyone subscribed to the nhl.com package this season? I may have to get that next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Being here in the hockey wasteland of the high desert, I am relegated to Versus for seeing the Stanley Cup games. They aired Game 1 of the Red Wings and Bluejackets, and that's it. The next scheduled game on Versus is game 5, if the series goes that far. I guess being Stanley Cup champs and having maybe the only nationwide NHL fan base didn't meet their criteria for broadcast.

Has anyone subscribed to the nhl.com package this season? I may have to get that next season.
    If I knew I could get both CBC and Comcast-DC included, I'd get NHL Center Ice. Craig Laughlin, working the Caps games, is the most stellar color commentator south of the border. Maybe next year....

You don't think they are televising the Pens/Flyers series for a reason???

Cindy is a Penguin and a savior of the NHL

God, I hate overtime games. But this one ended up beautifully with that 3-1 break for a score.

I don't think the Wings will sweep, though. Chicago will be tough at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    God, I hate overtime games. But this one ended up beautifully with that 3-1 break for a score.

I don't think the Wings will sweep, though. Chicago will be tough at home.
    Wings in 5. Even when we aren't playing our best hockey, we find a way to win. That's what a champion does. From the looks of the Eastern Conference finals...We might see a rematch. There hasn't been a rematch for Lord Stanleys Challenge Cup in at least 25 years.

This is an interesting article about the Stanley Cup itself.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124286389284341325.html

This is an interesting article about the Stanley Cup itself.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124286389284341325.html
    I actually think the misspellings, the cross-hatching, and tick marks are part of what make the cup so unique. No other trophy in American major sport has the history that the Stanley Cup does.

ccbatson Guest

Ugly, or pretty...a win is a win. Sweeps are what we wish for, but truly good games aren't sweeps and lopsided affairs.

ccbatson Guest

I agree, although it is anxiety producing to watch...in hindsight, these are the memorable games/series.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I agree, although it is anxiety producing to watch...in hindsight, these are the memorable games/series.
    The one thing I notice, is that when the Wings win games...its by 2+, when they lose, they are ALWAYS 1 goal games. That is worth mentioning...

ccbatson Guest

Perhaps "often" is a better descriptor, than "always".

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Perhaps "often" is a better descriptor, than "always".
    I was referring to the playoffs bats. The Wings haven't lost by more than 1 goal in each loss.

ccbatson Guest

But in overtime..and they won in overtime [[by 1) as well.

Violent or not, that hit did NOT warrant a 5:00 minute major, and certainly did not warrant a game misconduct

Well, looks like the penalty parade has commenced.
    Gotta get the revenues up, eh? More games, more cash.
    Major to Kronwall was ridiculous. Neither ref had his arm up. When a player has the puck, he is fair game.....unless it is from behind.
    Let the players decide the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Well, looks like the penalty parade has commenced.
    Gotta get the revenues up, eh? More games, more cash.
    Major to Kronwall was ridiculous. Neither ref had his arm up. When a player has the puck, he is fair game.....unless it is from behind.
    Let the players decide the outcome.
    Bufflin [[i'm not even going to bother looking up his name) should have gotten a GM too...Kroner's hit was LEGAL

I got into it with a Hawks fan on a hockey message board...thought I would share...

Hawks Fan:
    Are you for real? What cheap shot? Hmm..could it be the what, 5, 6th high stick to Kane's face? Or the match penalty intent-to-injure sucker check on Havlat? Are your guys that afraid to face the Hawks on even terms? It appears so.

Yours truly:
    Better put down the booze there fella? You ever played hockey? Can you skate? Do you know the rules? Double-Minor on Clearly should have been ONE minor, as doubles or majors are assessed when blood is drawn or there is clear intent. As for the "sucker-check" let me; a 21 year vet of hockey up to the Junior and College level, not to mention a ref for 15 years, break it down for you. The pass was in Havlat's feet, while you may not consider that possession, the rule book does. Kronwall had both feet on the ice when contact was initiated and drove his...and get ready for this...SHOULDER into Marty's chest/jaw. That is what we in the hockey-world call a text-book body check. Had Havlat taken the time to look up, as he was warned by his own bench, it would have been just another highlight real check.

Sorry brother, that's just the way the chips fall. It's a contact sport, we're allowed to start checking in Pee-Wee...ya know..11-12 year olds, and when you get to that level, the first thing that you are taught is to keep your head up so you don't get pasted. As for facing the Hawks on even terms, Detroit has done that, and holds the edge in the series.

So again, call the Wings classless all you want, but if you wanted to beat us on even terms, you wouldn't have had a 13:00-2:00 minute advantage on the power play in the first period. Yeah, it's difficult to establish a rhythm in a game where you are rarely at full-strength.

Yeah, the Wings are classless. Tell that to guys like 6-time Norris winning Nick Lidstrom, or reigning Lady Byng winner Pavel Datsyuk. I'm sure Zetterberg thinks the Wings are classless, not to mention all those crazy fabricated national stories about how the Red Wings are a model SPORTS FRANCHISE. Whatever, you had your win. See you Sunday at 3:00

According to the new rules, it was an illegal hit. He did not touch the puck, even though it was a mere centimeter from his skate. The new rule is a joke, as are many of the other new rules. I've said it before, the real problem is with the hard shell plastic body armor thats worn these days for shoulder and elbow pads. Go back to the softer foam pads. Reminds me of when ex Boston Bruins defenseman Ted Green was coaching. One of his players got knocked out by a hit and was a bit woozy on the bench. Green told the trainer to ask him if he can remember his name, and if he can't, tell him he's Wayne Gretsky.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast