Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Yeah, I know the lines were all screwed up. DPD and RTPD always had to be together whenever they had to do anything major in that lot at Tel-Craft.

I need to pull up a map with the boundaries.

Any proposed development on that end of Fenkell is sure to be a failure. Not because it's in Detroit, but because there are no current development plans in the works for any other commercial site nearby. If DEGC had decided to revamp the area, then I could understand this man's ernest in taking the property. But Fenkell is a dead zone for miles, and Telegraph has some serious economic stability issues there too. I wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes that the public is unaware of.

If the city really was hoping to redevelop the Brightmore area, I would certainly feel more supportive of allowing this man his day in court. But that neighborhood has been neglected for far too long for me to believe this is the case, and this guy is still trying to take land from the city for free on the pretense that he's somehow entitled to it. I hope the neighbors are gearing up for the fight. I know I would if I lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    edevelop the Brightmore area, I would .
    You put it too nicely. But first, it is spelled Bee Are Eye Gee Aych Tee Em Oh Oh Are - brightmoor.

Nobody in that area gives two cents aboout that damned park in the first place. It's a good park to go to and walk the dogs and that's about it. So far as commercilization of the area about Fenkell and Telegraph. Gimme a break, that area is nothing much more than potential insurance money - just look at the old gas station, northwest corner of six and tele. Oh, my bad, there IS a Mr Alan's store, and he's been there for quite a few years now, so rock on to him.

Who is this guy again? The one who what wants his park back? Says that the city screwed him over? Eh boy. Well, guess what, I don't see Detroit doing ANYthing with that park, and seriously doubt that it is anywhere on the list of priorities.

Some of the comments about nature trails and such just crack me up. Wildlife? Yep, sure 'nuff, there are deer roaming in them woods. Tell ya'll what, take a field day trip and hike down to the banks of the Rouge. Double bouble dare ya. Go 'head, go over there one day, find one of the entrances to the old bike trails and take a look. Egads!

Oh, by the way gwinevere, these remarks are not directed at your comments, I just want ya to spell the word correctly. And that's Bee Are Eye Gee Aych Tee Em Oh Oh Are. Broghtmoor.
    Last edited by ggores; February-07-10 at 12:02 PM.

No one in that neighborhood cares for that park, ggores? Did you read about the creation of the Friends of the Eliza Howell Park group which meets at a neighborhood church?

I have walked down the banks of the Rouge many times while helping create the Rouge Park hiking and biking trail. The scariest thing down there are the mosquitoes.

[ignore_list++]

ggores--BEE ARE OHH GEE... you don't spell so hot either my friend. Oh yeah, it's GwEnivere Mr. Spelling Bee champ. I'm loaded on cold medicine, so what the f*ck is your excuse...

And I have been down the river's edge all the way to Trenton, and through every corner of Fenkell and Telegraph, for my studies at U OF M as an URBAN PLANNING student. You know, someone who studies neighborhoods? I always see something new and beautiful, being the beholder and all. I fail to grasp just what your blabbering about the riverfront has to do with Howell Park.

Trust me when I tell you that hundreds of people living in BrightMOOR are not happy about this bullsh*t, with this man 's audacity or the city's lack of maintenece of the park. I've participated in the patrolling of this park for over three years, and I for one, appreciate the park's beauty and serenity. Sorry you don't agree. Hang out in one of those fake ass suburb parks then if it's such a problem for you.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; February-08-10 at 07:52 PM.

On Facebook, the Detroit Parks Coalition has announced that "Judge Murphy granted the Friends of Eliza Howell Park's and City of Detroit's motion for summary deposition and denied the plaintiff Mr. Cheyne's. This means that the case of Howell Park Properties LLC against the City of Detroit at the trail level is over."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5