Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Detroit 1942

Hybrid View

Halleck? [[e. of 12500 Dequindre, e. & w. of 12500 Jos. Campau)

I believe that's Halleck St., which runs a block or two north of the northern Hamtramck border at Carpenter. So it certainly accords with the description. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that it's the corner of Halleck and Klinger, a couple blocks west of Conant, where Halleck takes a big jog and could appear in a picture to dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I believe that's Halleck St., which runs a block or two north of the northern Hamtramck border at Carpenter. So it certainly accords with the description. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that it's the corner of Halleck and Klinger, a couple blocks west of Conant, where Halleck takes a big jog and could appear in a picture to dead end.
    That's hard to argue with, but...If we're looking north on Klinger, where's the gap in houses for McClean Street? If we're looking south, the house styles don't match. And I think it's an illusion that Halleck jogs at this intersection. It might, but I can't tell just by looking at the left edge of the complete original:

Attachment 3946

Looks like there was an empty lot at the far left, so maybe it was a corner lot and Halleck ran straight thru.

Michigan Stamp & Coin was at 1911 5th Street, where MGM is now.