Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrrichard View Post
    I hope the Islamo Nazi's don't blow up any buildings again, that would really piss off Americans.
    Actually, I suspect that's exactly what you secretly do hope happens, as it would give you justification for saying I Told You So.

I voted for Barack Obama for many reasons, none of which had anything to do with where some right wing religious fanatic murderer was going to have his trial.
    From your highly partisan postings, it's clear that your vote for Obama in the Nov. 2008 general election was never in question. However, Obama was elected on the basis of his ability to attract the "moderate" voters. With decisions like this [[and lingering double-digit unemployment with trillion dollar budget deficits), he will have a hard time keeping those voters in the fold come 2012.

The issue isn't as simplistic as the location of the terrorist's trials, it is whether the Obama Administration considers their offenses to be war crimes or civil criminal cases. Clinton treated terrorist acts as criminal cases and the moderates remember what that got him - more of the same:

• Day 37, Feb. 26, 1993 - six Americans killed [[~1,000 injured) in the bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City
    • Day 1,027, Nov. 13, 1995 - five Americans killed in a bombing at an American military training center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    • Day 1,252, June 25, 1996 - nineteen Americans killed [[~300 injured) in the bombing of the Khobar Towers military housing in Dhahran, Saudia Arabia
    • Day 2,025, Aug. 7, 1998 - twelve Americans killed in the bombings of the US Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam
    • Day 2,822, Oct. 12, 2000 - seventeen American sailors killed [[37 injured) in the bombing of the USS Cole in Aden, Yemen

“I believe that Allah is sufficient to defend me. I wish to represent myself without the assistance of any lawyers.” - Khalid Sheik Mohammed, Sept. 2009.

A three-ring circus is headed for the Federal Court in Manhattan and highlights will be on the evening news for months.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    This is a very dangerous game that Obama is playing here.

If KSM gets acquitted, according to a daily press briefing exchange with WH Spokesman Gibbs and Major Garrett, the federal government stated it will still hold him.

So much for habeas corpus.
    Don't you listen to the right-wing radio stations? Habeas corpus only applies to US citizens, like refraining from torturing and such like. It's a right granted by our constitution.

You can't expect us to extend humanitarian considerations to scumbag furriners, can you? They ain't even from 'round here...

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Don't you listen to the right-wing radio stations? Habeas corpus only applies to US citizens, like refraining from torturing and such like. It's a right granted by our constitution.

You can't expect us to extend humanitarian considerations to scumbag furriners, can you? They ain't even from 'round here...
    I didn't realize that WWJ was "right-wing"?

Bottom line: Pres B.O./AG Holder have decided to bring him to the US for trial in a US court.

One of the issues that I've heard was that he will be eligible for all of the rights guaranteed to citizens once he's here.

Why do we 1.) want to risk bring his sorry butt here for a crime that he's already confessed to, and 2.) we can just leave him on Cuba to rot with the rest of the Al Qaeda all-stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    From your highly partisan postings,
    Its clear that you didn't vote for the president and have a strong dislike of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post

• Day 37, Feb. 26, 1993 - six Americans killed [[~1,000 injured) in the bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City
    • Day 1,027, Nov. 13, 1995 - five Americans killed in a bombing at an American military training center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    • Day 1,252, June 25, 1996 - nineteen Americans killed [[~300 injured) in the bombing of the Khobar Towers military housing in Dhahran, Saudia Arabia
    • Day 2,025, Aug. 7, 1998 - twelve Americans killed in the bombings of the US Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam
    • Day 2,822, Oct. 12, 2000 - seventeen American sailors killed [[37 injured) in the bombing of the USS Cole in Aden, Yemen
    So, what you have shown here is that Clinton caught and brought to justice the perps from the first World Trade Center bombing, something Bush was unable to do the second time around.

And, according to conservative logic, the rest of the attacks happened overseas because Clinton kept us safe on our own soil. That kind of logic was used daily by Republicans during Bush's reign, "we are keeping the fight over there, not here". Never mind that troops were dying on a regular basis in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    Well, here's a few examples of people still bitching about Bush and bitching about "folks"

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/folks-versus-people/
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x1031190
    http://blather.newdream.net/a/anarchy.html
    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...list_offen.php

I mean do I seriously have to point out the hypocrisy?

As for the other poster , wht difference does it make how Bush spoke? Obama is just as dumb as he is. He just speaks a bit [[yes, a bit) better than Bush.

As far as I am concerned Obama is nothing more than a damn puppet and whore for corporate America.

If it makes you happy that he speaks a little clearer than so be it. Its obviously not that hard to please obamabots .
    I looked at the links, thank you. There was nothing about people screaming in the streets about the use of "folks", as alleged by a previous poster, which is what I asked for.

Your point about Obama being a puppet of corporate America, unfortunately, might carry a kernel of truth. It appears that we have been sold out by all recent presidents and politicians. We will have to wait and see.
    I would leave out the America part, as any allegiance to the citizens of America has disappeared from the corporate culture.

The thing that I find interesting is that "conservatives" seem to think American's are too stupid, or not qualified to convict these terrorists in a U.S. courtroom. After all, if they felt otherwise, they wouldn't fear bringing the animals to our soil.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; November-16-09 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The thing that I find interesting is that conservatives seem to think American's are too stupid, or not qualified to convict these terrorists in a U.S. courtroom. After all, if they felt otherwise, they wouldn't fear bringing the animals to our soil.
    Perhaps those "conservatives" don't believe in the Constitution as much as they say they do.

The length of time a president is in office before a terrorist attack takes place is totally irrelevant to the problem of terrorism. That was my point, Pam. It was ELEVEN months into Obama's presidency before a radical Islamic shot up Ft Hood whereas Bush faced an attack on the country in NINE months. Yes, that is true. What it means to the people on this board, I'm not sure. Obama is two months' safer than Bush? Maybe that can be his 2012 slogan.

To suggest that Obama has "kept the country free from attack longer" is a pretty stupid way of putting it, though. If we're talking about sheer length of time "free from attack," Bush clearly kept the country free from attack longer because he was president for eight years--seven of them attack-free--and Obama has barely one year under his belt. But it's a pretty stupid concept so I'm not surprised that the expression of it is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Perhaps those "conservatives" don't believe in the Constitution as much as they say they do.

well, that is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The thing that I find interesting is that "conservatives" seem to think American's are too stupid, or not qualified to convict these terrorists in a U.S. courtroom. After all, if they felt otherwise, they wouldn't fear bringing the animals to our soil.
    Could it have something to do with avoiding war crime prosecutions? I don't know. I'm just asking. I'd guess there's a lot to that angle that we'll never know.

Why was it even considered a terrorist attack? Why was it not a crazy-ass gunmen who shot up some people???

dfunkycity Guest

Perhaps conservatives know the difference between people apprehended on a battlefield versus a self storage in Joisey.

These guys are enemy combatants that were apprehended in battle zones .

These "folks" deserve a short military trial, a good stiff oak and a short piece of rope to wear snugly around their nasty necks.

Not the full court press like they have been getting.

Christ, someone here in county could not get a smoke if they wanted and these animals have special chefs to prepare their meals.

If this is the way our Presidents treat these criminals Im not surprised that we really dont have more attacks on our soil.

This guy at ft Hood is going to get the royal treatment also.

God Bless America and the PC crowd. R U guys happy with political correctness yet?
    Because you do know that is why the crimes at ft hood happened.
    Because people were scared of lawsuits and being labeled racist.

Hope you are happy.

Its clear that you didn't vote for the president and have a strong dislike of him.
    Unlike those who prefer to hurl invective at those who do not share the same political philosophies, I am able to express my dislike of his policies without demeaning the person who holds the office of the Presidency or his supporters.

what you have shown here is that Clinton caught and brought to justice the perps from the first World Trade Center bombing
    Brought to justice SOME of the perps [[they missed the conspirator who funded the operation, KSM), but it did nothing to prevent them from coming back to finish the job eight years later. They commit acts of war, yet we're supposed to treat them as criminals - why?

the rest of the attacks happened overseas because Clinton kept us safe on our own soil.
    The rest of the attacks happened against US property and military installations since Clinton still considered these threats to be criminal in nature and left those installations as soft targets.

You can't have enemy combatants if you never declare war. Fact is, most of these guys have been plucked from their homes and have NO ties to al Queda, or any terrorist group.

dfunkycity Guest

The attack on the WTC was their declaration . Bush just obliged them.

The attack on the WTC was their declaration . Bush just obliged them.
    It was? Then why did we invade a country that had nothing to do with said declaration? Perhaps we were the aggressors maybe?

dfunkycity Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    It was? Then why did we invade a country that had nothing to do with said declaration? Perhaps we were the aggressors maybe?
    this country would be?

this country would be?
    Uhhh.... Iraq?

You are dead wrong. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured in a home in a large Pakistani city.

Perhaps conservatives know the difference between people apprehended on a battlefield versus a self storage in Joisey.

These guys are enemy combatants that were apprehended in battle zones .

These "folks" deserve a short military trial, a good stiff oak and a short piece of rope to wear snugly around their nasty necks.

Not the full court press like they have been getting.

Christ, someone here in county could not get a smoke if they wanted and these animals have special chefs to prepare their meals.

If this is the way our Presidents treat these criminals Im not surprised that we really dont have more attacks on our soil.

This guy at ft Hood is going to get the royal treatment also.

God Bless America and the PC crowd. R U guys happy with political correctness yet?
    Because you do know that is why the crimes at ft hood happened.
    Because people were scared of lawsuits and being labeled racist.

Hope you are happy.

dfunkycity Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Uhhh.... Iraq?

Well, 1st let me clarify that we invaded Iraq in 1990 and never left all the while Mr. Hussein continually lobbed missiles at our jets patrolling no fly zones,lobbing missiles at our allies Kuwait and Israel and Mr. Hussein even went as far as to announce internationally that he would pay $25k to each family of suicide bombers that killed Jews

But never the less, Bush is so stupid he tried to tie Hussein to 9/11 when we did not need any excuse to remove Hussein because for years prior to that he gave us 1000's of reasons as to why we should have just wiped him and his banana bunch out prior to 9/11.

With that said, the Iraq war is a just one. Just under false and wrong pretenses.

You're point?

That argument is SO 2003.

Well, 1st let me clarify that we invaded Iraq in 1990 and never left all the while Mr. Hussein continually lobbed missiles at our jets patrolling no fly zones,lobbing missiles at our allies Kuwait and Israel and Mr. Hussein even went as far as to announce internationally that he would pay $25k to each family of suicide bombers that killed Jews

But never the less, Bush is so stupid he tried to tie Hussein to 9/11 when we did not need any excuse to remove Hussein because for years prior to that he gave us 1000's of reasons as to why we should have just wiped him and his banana bunch out prior to 9/11.

With that said, the Iraq war is a just one. Just under false and wrong pretenses.

You're point?

dfunkycity Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    That argument is SO 2003.
    This argument is also so correct and on point.Thank you

I meant that it was stupid.

This argument is also so correct and on point.Thank you

ccbatson Guest

Very well said dfunkycity...welcome.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast