Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

http://grobbel.org/photos/slides/mon...k_june1968.jpg

i love this 1968 lincoln continental...

its a coupe...

I can't answer any questions about the make and model of the trucks, except they were green. My parents both at one time worked for Hudsons and they allways let it be known there was a Husons truck on the block.
    Going past the Husons warehouse on Warren ave I would try to count the trucks., Never happened cause there were so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    Does anybody know the make and model of home delivery trucks that Hudson's used in the 1950s and 60s? I've looked in the two Hudson's books and on the web, but have come up empty.
    Ford Vanette.

I remember the short Hudson's semi trucks in the 70s and 80s. I was a kid then and I always marveled at how the trailer seemed to be too big for the truck. My working theories were that they got around some law that came with using the bigger "real" trucks or that those small trucks were the only trucks that could fit under Northland.

I still remember how those trucks used to speed out from the tunnel on the lower level of Hudson's [[along the service drive) and I remember when my parents bought something and we got to drive down there to the loading dock to pick it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2