Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Retroit Guest

How about if the two of you actually watch the show and if you can't contribute something intelligent, don't.

And if you just want to argue with someone for no specific reason, why not start your own thread "Will someone please argue with me for no specific reason?"

It's cool. We're done.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunkycity View Post
    Because you, like all other liberals assume because someone is republican they are racist. You assume republicans hate hipanics when it is liberals who turn the illegal immigration topic every damn time into a "HIS-PANIC" thing
    I mean come on. Be real.
    The agenda is so clearly visible its not even funny.
    Sorry, but I see anyone aligned to the left as raacist by association and the sad thing is , you don't even see what you guys have become.
    Interesting. You slam all liberals for stereotyping republicans, and then go on to stereotype all liberals in exactly the same way. How hypocritical.

Physician, heal thyself.

dfunkycity Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Interesting. You slam all liberals for stereotyping republicans, and then go on to stereotype all liberals in exactly the same way. How hypocritical.

Physician, heal thyself.

Excellent point. Your dear leaders and Alinsky taught u guys well.

Will u guys be goose stepping in the parade this year?

Retroit, the ISP at work automatically blocks all video links, so no YouTube panels showed up. Here at home they do show up. I'll watch it and get back to you.

I don't know that I'll find it revelatory, though [[and it's most unlikely I'll see it as "courageous and unprecedented", as Cc seems to think it). I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood, and conservative blacks are not a new phenomenon in my world.

Excellent point. Your dear leaders and Alinsky taught u guys well.
    Thanks. Too bad yours didn't.
    Will u guys be goose stepping in the parade this year?
    Why? You need to break in your new jackboots?

dfunkycity Guest

Thanks. Too bad yours didn't.Why? You need to break in your new jackboots?

Not my style but look into the eerie similarities with your poliyical ideology and those of the oppressive regimes that have plagued our planet.

sstrange indeed

Default God, this sould be submitted to SNL

Starting with the first post [[esp. funny)................and ending with this one.......please God!

Not my style but look into the eerie similarities with your poliyical ideology and those of the oppressive regimes that have plagued our planet.

sstrange indeed
    Since you have no inkling of my political ideology--or even how to spell, apparently--you are in no position to judge.

But as long as we're looking at oppressive regimes that have plagued our planet, compare and contrast which of us believes in the civil rights of all humans and wants to have a fair and open trial of any and all suspects, and which of us believes it perfectly permissable to snatch people off the streets of foreign nations and indefinitely incarcerate them incommunicado without even leveling charges beyond some vague, unspecified "danger to the state".

You should be very proud; Stalin himself would have awarded you the Hero of the State citation.

Retroit Guest

I'll watch it and get back to you.
    I look forward to your response and those of dfunkycity, Diehard, et.al.

I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood, and conservative blacks are not a new phenomenon in my world.
    By "mixed", I presume you mean black and white? If so, what does the greater presence of conservative blacks in a mixed neighborhood than one would find in an all-black neighborhood indicate?

Frankly, I don't know that it indicates anything. For that matter, I don't know that one can conclude that there is a greater presence of conservative blacks in a mixed neighborhood than one would find in an all-black neighborhood. Do you have some info I'm not aware of?

Retroit Guest

I have no data, but many blacks seem to imply that there really is no such thing as a conservative black person or that they are extremely rare, so I figured that if you have had the experience of meeting conservative black people since you lived in a mixed neighborhood, that there must be some reason why there is a greater likelihood of finding a conservative black person there than in an all-black area.

I can't think of any other reason why you would mention that:

"I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood, and conservative blacks are not a new phenomenon in my world."

I probably read into it more than you were intending.

Since you have no inkling of my political ideology--or even how to spell, apparently--you are in no position to judge.

But as long as we're looking at oppressive regimes that have plagued our planet, compare and contrast which of us believes in the civil rights of all humans and wants to have a fair and open trial of any and all suspects, and which of us believes it perfectly permissable to snatch people off the streets of foreign nations and indefinitely incarcerate them incommunicado without even leveling charges beyond some vague, unspecified "danger to the state".

You should be very proud; Stalin himself would have awarded you the Hero of the State citation.

Isn't it the Hero of The People citation?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I have no data, but many blacks seem to imply that there really is no such thing as a conservative black person or that they are extremely rare, so I figured that if you have had the experience of meeting conservative black people since you lived in a mixed neighborhood, that there must be some reason why there is a greater likelihood of finding a conservative black person there than in an all-black area.

I can't think of any other reason why you would mention that:

"I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood, and conservative blacks are not a new phenomenon in my world."

I probably read into it more than you were intending.
    My remark was vis-a-vis your statement earlier that you grew up in a white suburb and didn't encounter blacks until high school. You seem to feel that black conservatives are an extreme rarity; my own experience is that, though not what you would call numerous, they are not uncommon.

Retroit Guest

You seem to feel that black conservatives are an extreme rarity.
    Not based on my own experience, but based on my exposure to them from TV, etc. I think that most people would acknowledge that most blacks are liberal, including those that were on Glen Beck's show. I don't think that the fact that you and I have had the opportunity to have known conservative blacks would change that.

ccbatson Guest

Finally Elganned relents and agrees to watch [[although...whether and when he will???) What finally made you man up and cast off the irrational fear?

I don't fear right-wing rhetoric, Cc. There's nothing new in it to cause me distress.
    I don't fear skunks, I just don't care for their oder.

I don't fear skunks, I just don't care for their oder.
    Priceless response to agents of right wing propaganda!

Retroit Guest

Now that you've all had time to watch the video, what do you think?

ccbatson Guest

Sorry to have to break it to you Retroit...if past behavior is any indication, they are lying and will not have the courage to watch it

Cc, if past behavior is any indication, you're blowing smoke up everybody's ass. But we usually have the good grace not to mention it.

Okay, so I've finally watched the "courageous and unprecedented" Glenn Beck segment, and I have to say it was 40+ minutes of the same-old, same-old. The fact that the speakers/guests were black didn't change the message, which was more of the same right-wing talking points that I've been hearing ad nauseum.

You know, I didn't go to my 5, 10, or 15 year class reunions because I had a sinking suspicion that 1) the people I wanted to reconnect with would not be there, and 2) the people who would be there were the people I didn't want to reconnect with, ever. At my wife's urging, I did attend my 20-year reunion, and guess what? All my expectations were met, in spades: nobody I wanted to see, and lots of people I never wanted to see again.

I feel the same way about this "courageous and unprecedented" show: I suspected it would just be more of the same right-wing cant, and I was right.

Fear, Cc? No, I wasn't afraid to watch it. I was afraid I would be too bored to finish it. I did finish it--just barely--but that's 40+ minutes of my life I'll never get back. Thanks a heap.

ccbatson Guest

Other than the fact that the people were black [[which I reluctantly told you), you have not given any reason for me to believe that you watched it. Who was the instigator of the show and why? If you watched it, this would be clear.

You've got to love catching fearful liberals in their lies...this one is particularly entertaining. Let's see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Other than the fact that the people were black [[which I reluctantly told you), you have not given any reason for me to believe that you watched it. Who was the instigator of the show and why? If you watched it, this would be clear.

You've got to love catching fearful liberals in their lies...this one is particularly entertaining. Let's see what happens next.
    Oh please, give it a rest already. He watched the show. He probably STOLE it, as per your instructions. Do you really think he's lying, and it's all a part of the Huge Liberal Evil Conspiracy to Keep The Truth from The People?
    Do you ever step out of character? It's nice to actually think every now and then. Give it a try.

Why is this ccbatson kid so reluctant about Black people? I guess all neocon second handers are reluctant about Black people.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Other than the fact that the people were black [[which I reluctantly told you), you have not given any reason for me to believe that you watched it.
    Conversely, you have not given me any reason to care whether you believe me or not. But I will indulge your spite, this once.
    Who was the instigator of the show and why? If you watched it, this would be clear.
    Beck was the instigator because he ran into some black guy who's name I didn't care enough to catch was beat up in school for being "too white" and carrying a briefcase--which we all know is the iconic conservative symbol of manhood. This of course outraged Beck enough to hand-pick some 300 blacks who self-identified as "conservative" so they could all have a good ol' liberal bash-fest on camera.

There was also some black minister in the audience who said that conservatism appealed to him because it more closely aligned with his Christian views [[no surprise there) and a woman who wondered if she was the only one who didn't vote for Obama. Oh, and a guy in a striped polo shirt who took issue with the briefcase-kid-grown-up concerning race as an issue. [[That was entertaining; at least the black right is no more monolithic than the black left.)

Beyond that, it was the same crap we always hear, just issuing from different colored mouths. *yawn* Nothing to see here, citizens. Move along.

When Fox puts a black conservative commentator on prime-time camera on a regular basis, then we'll have something. Until then, don't bother me.
    Last edited by elganned; November-27-09 at 07:25 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast