Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Driving along woodward i've noticed quite a few small businesses popping up over the last year, which confused me because I thought a recession would make this kind of growth unlikely. So I stopped and spoke with a few of them, just out of curiousity, and found that some had lost their jobs in other fields and had no choice to create their own. They put up everything they had, their families too. One was a 21 year old who, about a year ago, gave up selling dope on the eastside and invested his "earnings" so he could create 7 jobs for his friends, so that they could live through an escalading turf war and have a chance to fly straight. His place is very professional and becoming quite successful.

I hope that some of you might take the time to travel the ave. and downtown to patron these places during the holiday season and spend some x-mas money. It means so much more than just keeping a place in business, you are helping to save Detroiters lives....

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Driving along woodward i've noticed quite a few small businesses popping up over the last year, which confused me because I thought a recession would make this kind of growth unlikely. So I stopped and spoke with a few of them, just out of curiousity, and found that some had lost their jobs in other fields and had no choice to create their own. They put up everything they had, their families too. One was a 21 year old who, about a year ago, gave up selling dope on the eastside and invested his "earnings" so he could create 7 jobs for his friends, so that they could live through an escalading turf war and have a chance to fly straight. His place is very professional and becoming quite successful.

I hope that some of you might take the time to travel the ave. and downtown to patron these places during the holiday season and spend some x-mas money. It means so much more than just keeping a place in business, you are helping to save Detroiters lives....
    You could tell when the recession is deep when the dope dealer gives up his trade and become legit

Don't forget to check out the wonderful retailers on other streets, such as Cass. Cass continues, every month or so to have a new shop open up. It's very exciting. The entire corridor, from Mack/MLK to Grand BLVD. is seeing massive amounts of development, and it hasn't stop or slowed since the recession.

That's encouraging. I would like to shake that 21 year old's hand. What a wonderful testimony.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post