Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I think this is great, and I'd do it. I'd love the idea of Belle Isle being a State Park, I hope Bing with Council's help thinks/does something like that as the city can't afford it anymore.

As more evidence of politicians full of crap, check out this quote:
    "Sen. Gerald VanWoerkom, R-Muskegon, said he doesn't support the parks finance plan because: "I don't believe this fee is an appropriate way of funding our parks. I believe the users should pay for that recreational opportunity.""

Well, it's OPT IN, idiot. That means if I don't want to pay for it, I don't have to. If I pay for it, I'm probably gonna be a user. I would totally do this. This is a smart compromise, better than Lt. Gov Cherry's idea to make it opt-out.

"Lt. Gov. John Cherry said today he preferred an earlier version of the legislation that would have assessed the $10 registration fee on all applicants unless they opted out.
    "It's lost a lot of its value," Cherry said. "It can't raise the money other states [[with a similar fee) have raised.""

I agree with the Lt. Governor. The Senate is missing a rare opportunity to make a real difference.

Stosh Guest

As far as I'm concerned, the 10 will be a lot better than the 24 I was paying. I wonder though, when this all will start?