Some of you may know that I like to play a game every once in awhile, the game where I turn on the right-wing talk station and see how long I can listen. This is similar to holding your hand above a candle before it burns to much. The only difference between the two games, is the latter doesn't make me want to drive my car into the transmitter tower of said station.

Last night I took my game to a new, and altogether unsatisfying level. If you guessed that I decided to CALL said station. Yes, that's right, I called. The host was blathering on and on about how we are now Israel, dealing with homegrown Islamic-fascist terrorists like the one at Ft. Hood which in his eyes will become more and more common place under our new administration. I should mention that he kept saying how much he was NOT a bigot, but then went on to say that we should be policing Muslim communities... riiiiight

So I called. First mistake. Apparently, if you have any view other than the one posted on the show, they don't take to kindly to you. It should also be mentioned that one of the tag lines of this show was "Prove me wrong!" I tried. I brought up the fact that the most frequent form of terrorism in the United States comes from Right Wing Wackjobs, fueled by the words of hosts like him and others. I reminded him of McVeigh, abortion clinic bombings, The Atlanta Olympic Bombings, shooting sprees at the post office and more recently in my current city of Orlando.

Suffice to say, that all these instances are different! Why is the shooting spree at Ft. Hood different than the one in Orlando? Why... one was perpetrated by a man with brown skin and an Islamic Name! Well, Mr. Radio Host, didn't want to take the time to challenge my assertions, so needless to say I was quickly hushed for another caller, who just happened to sound a lot like a series of commercials.

I also had to pull over and throw up shortly after being reminded that there are such idiots in the world that feel the need to spread their unsubstantiated bullshit...