Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lilpup Guest

So at least we know they don't have felony convictions, but other than that this seems a bit of a waste of column space.

Christ said, "Watch yourself or I will go Old Testiment on you!" ...It just didn't get written down.

To be honest, I am reading the Bible for the first time ever in my life. I never went to church. In my reading, I am still in the Old Testament.

Apparently there is a lot in the New Testament that over-rides stuff in the Old Testament [[that's what my wife tells me).

You would not want to mess with the Christians in the old Testament. If they really disliked you, after they killed your men in battle, they would return to your town and kill every man, woman and baby they found there. Then they would kill all the sheep, oxen, donkies, kill everything. Then they would dismantle your town brick by brick and turn it into a rocky hill. Don't mess with the Old Testament Christians. Retribution is swift. Have an affair? Death by stoning is common. Steal? Pay back that cow or death! One of the odder rules is that if you were single and your brother died, you were required to marry his wife and could be stoned if you did not.

They did some other odd stuff too, like one of the major tribes of Israel came about when a drunken father had sex with his two daughters. His daughters were the ones that molested him though, they got him drunk repeatedly and took advantage of him in a cave. They did it because there were no other men around and they did not want their family lineage to end.

The Old Testiment is a lot like a Farmers Almanac in places, it gives you tips on how to live in 2,000 BC [[or so). It covers personal hygene, medicine, tells you how to plant your crops, what to eat [[don't eat shrimp), how to breed your livestock, how to treat your slaves. It's a fascinating read [[exciting in some places, slow in others). But, my wife tells me a lot of the genocide, mayhem and incest gets over-ridden in the New Testament.

But don't mess with the Christians in the Old Testament.

I somehow find it hard to believe the Christians in the New Testament would simply lay down and die when presented with something unjust. I'll report as the action unfolds [[ ... uh, once I read that far.)

At any rate, with me still being stuck in the middle of the Old Testament, it seems natural for ministers to be carrying guns.
    Last edited by RickBeall; November-12-09 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    You would not want to mess with the Christians in the old Testament.
    Ummmm... except they weren't Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    If the Rev is planning on going out and gunning down some innocents, yes. If the Rev is hoping to protect his flock [[and himself) against the wolves, no.
    Really? Then I suppose that Jesus advocated turning the other cheek because the one doing the slapping was an "innocent?"

Face it... a Reverend packing is major hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I know many people that have a CCW permit and carry. Many of them live in places like Troy, Novi, GP, etc.

Is there choice to carry saying the same thing about their respective cities? Funny how you will draw a conclusion if a Detroiter carries legally but I am sure you don't draw the same conclusion for people in other communities that choose to carry. I'm just curious why you don't make that assumption for everyone that carries.
    FWIW, of the 10 or so people I know with either a CCW or a gun in the home, when it has come up about the reasoning behind keeping a gun at home or getting a CCW, all said that they only have them because they either live near Detroit or they work in Detroit. I would guess they are not alone in that in the non-Detroit resident with CCW category

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2