The alternate title for this thread could be, "Yay, the scum people have finally left!"

There was a group of people who had lived in a house across the street from my mom's for two years. These people had turned the neighborhood into a mess. Crap all over the yard and street, people screaming, yelling, and arguing at 3 O'Clock in the morning. Backing out of the driveway, they knocked my mom's big black garbage can over numerous times and never even got out of the car to pick it up. I swear it was some kind of whorehouse; nicely dressed women jumping into cars with guys. People coming and going at all hours.

My younger brother was in town and he and I were doing a little cleanup at my mom's this weekend and we noticed that the house was quiet and nobody was there. I asked the poor fellow who lived next door to this what the deal was and if they had been renting. He said he was pretty sure that these people had been squatting. They were stealing both electricity and gas. The neighbor had lived there 20 years and he had had it. He's moving to the suburbs soon.

It's a beautiful thing that they're gone but the house is a wreck. How can this stuff go on like this?