Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    What a huge crock. They have convinced so many this is something for nothing when in reality it's just higher cost insurance and mandatory. The insurance companies can fire their whole sales force now. I'll bet they had a huge party last night.
    .... so who's going to register all of these new customers??? I believe that will be a very busy sales force...

Hell, they may even have to hire more sales people...

Amazing.
    A worthy goal, health care for all, which has been approached in many other countries, is co-opted into a guaranteed customer base for the insurance companies who are responsible for the current mess!
    K Street succeeds. We lose. And the republicans can say "it wasn't me!"...

More amazing: The GOP will parlay this into gaining ground in the mid term elections.

Democrats once again dropped the ball here. With absolutely no support from republicans, why did they cave in to the insurance company interests, instead of taking a stand? They should have called the GOP on their bluff, and installed a true public option.

I don't think this is the final version of what we will see as law.

Senate has to craft their version, then the two must forge a joint agreement.

Now that the HOR has been tested, perhaps the Senators will show some fortitude and put some real bite into it. Worst case, they can always amend it later when people clamor for a public option. I guess that's what you need to do when the insurance company lobbyists are giving them money and favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Amazing.
    A worthy goal, health care for all, which has been approached in many other countries, is co-opted into a guaranteed customer base for the insurance companies who are responsible for the current mess!
    K Street succeeds. We lose. And the republicans can say "it wasn't me!"...

More amazing: The GOP will parlay this into gaining ground in the mid term elections.

Democrats once again dropped the ball here. With absolutely no support from republicans, why did they cave in to the insurance company interests, instead of taking a stand? They should have called the GOP on their bluff, and installed a true public option.

I guess appeasing the corporate donors was more important than real reform.