Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Me, either. I was astounded that the Fox Mgmt person I talked to thought it was a Rock concert. Maybe it was, and I am just out of touch, while Bob is right on the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Dylan is a legend, no doubt, but I agree that I would never pay the price that's now being asked to see him. As for the Fox as a venue for concerts... I'm old school but I still long for the <now burned out> Soup Kitchen Saloon. For a few bucks you and a couple hundred people got to really enjoy some great music by absolute legends. Back in the day, I saw Willie Dixon, Luther Allison, Marcia Ball, Gatemouth Brown and on and on and on. Venues like that, with big names playing at them, are history.
    Actually, the Soup burned and then was demolished. I was there when it was knocked down. Also, The Soup never held a couple hundred in the 'Blues Room'. We'd pack a 125 or so on good nights if the Fire Department wasn't looking. There may have been a couple hundred, total, in the whole house - dining rooms and Blues Room, and later on, in the upper dining room Brian built from the storage/workshop area.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3