Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Firstandten, While the author thinks that President Obama is duplicitous, I disagree. Senator Obama honestly laid out a number of un-progressive agenda items while campaigning. Why his supporters didn't pick up on this stuff, or care, I don't know. Dwelling on rainbows and unicorns is probably more fun. Maybe they wanted to believe as the Obama website encouraged them to do. There must be a psychological term for this aside from 'Stockholm Syndrome'.

I don't think that President Obama supporters will protest either. They will change their own positions sooner than they will protest. Witness the new found fascination progressives have with Obama's Afghani surge. Patty Hurst was not exceptional.

If I were going to “look beyond the obvious” with Obama, as the author suggests, I would be wondering if he isn't hellbent on demolishing the dollar our country's economic framework so our country can never go back to what it was. Maybe Obama actually believes that all the spending he is doing will have only positive consequences but I too think that Obama is too smart not to realize what consequences will derive for his actions. So like the author, I have to wonder about discordant notes.

In Dr. Zhivago, the question is asked about why did the revolutionaries have to kill every last member of the royal family. It seemed unfair and excessive. The answer was so that there would not be any going back.
    Oladub , I guess time will tell how all this will work out. If I'm wrong I get out my wheelbarrel full of worthless dollars and treat you to your favorite beverage. LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Senator Obama honestly laid out a number of un-progressive agenda items while campaigning. Why his supporters didn't pick up on this stuff, or care, I don't know....I don't think that President Obama supporters will protest either. They will change their own positions sooner than they will protest.
    that is hardly the case, as there have been several campaigns against parts of his agenda from progressives. Obama was NOT the first choice of progressives out there. We knew him as a centrist from the get go. he was the candidate left standing, and we could simply not stomach another 4 years of right-wing republican BS.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    that is hardly the case, as there have been several campaigns against parts of his agenda from progressives. Obama was NOT the first choice of progressives out there. We knew him as a centrist from the get go. he was the candidate left standing, and we could simply not stomach another 4 years of right-wing republican BS.
    I always thought that was a given, having always said Obama leans left but is not a progressive . He has never made bones about sometimes liberals aren't going to like what he does.

American's are much more critical of Obama than they were in Bush's eight years of ruining the United States. Why is that?

Probably because they are actually informing the public of what they are doing. The Bush Adminstration kept everything secret.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    American's are much more critical of Obama than they were in Bush's eight years of ruining the United States. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    and yet over 80% of the people polled say they like him

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    and yet over 80% of the people polled say they like him
    Depends on which poll. President Obama is holding his own for the last month though. I like him although I wouldn't vote for him.

According to the daily Kos his numbers have stayed in the high 60's low 70's during the first 100 days

http://www.dailykos.com/

the polls i refer to weren't the approve/disapprove type, more the yeah, i personally like him type

ccbatson Guest

Gotcha Rb...you are using the even less useful, and more biased polls. Thanks for the clarification [[and admission).

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Gotcha Rb...you are using the even less useful, and more biased polls. Thanks for the clarification [[and admission).
    considerring that the poll showed the same high likeability by repubs is useful, esp. since the repub leadership seems intent on relegating the GOP to the margins of society

ccbatson Guest

Nope, no good Rb...useless and biased across the board, better luck next time.

Kind of like any poll by FauxNews, or, for that matter, anything that comes out of Rushie's mouth.

ahh, but if it showed something to your liking you would be screaming it from the rooftops.

what, exactly, is your proof of "bias"?

ccbatson Guest

Have I ever used polls as the cornerstone of an argument that I was making? Methinks you libs are sublimating.

Have I ever used polls as the cornerstone of an argument that I was making? Methinks you libs are sublimating.
    that is because the polls, like the facts, have been against you for as long as I can recall

ccbatson Guest

Laughably bad argument Rb...one of your best yet [[or worst, depending on your perspective).

Laughably bad argument Rb...one of your best yet [[or worst, depending on your perspective).
    Or, perhaps, spot on?

ccbatson Guest

Get a little lost there Detroitej72?

He [[Rb) just admitted that I was right and you think he won a victory/was "spot on"??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2