Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    That was Cheney's position too.

Obama already is taking away some of our rights as exhibited in the OP. Anyone who voted for Obama because they thought he would be better than Bush regarding personal rights must be disappointed or going through mental gymnastics to justify Obama's Bush like ways. Of course, one can always still believe that he is fixing the economy and Afghanistan. If I understand you, the reason President Obama is expanding the war in Afghanistan is to protect his domestic agenda of billing our grandchildren for things he wants to give us.

The Associated Press article above [[ http://tinyurl.com/casmkn ) Presents both sides of the administration's attempt to to take away defendent's rights. As you point out, the President is not being a Progressive on this issue.as exemplified by the following.

Bush redux: "This is like déj[ vu all over again." -Yogi Berra
    I know that I probably can't convince you that Obama is not Bush lite but here's an article about his possible motivations. The reason I find this plausable is because for what I have read and studied about him, his beliefs, and his campaign he is a brilliant politican, who wants whats best for america, who ran a disciplined race and was always two steps ahead of his opponent be it Hillary or McCain. I've said numerous times that he plays chess while his opponents plays checkers. Of course he makes gaffes and mistakes, but he once said in an interview about decision making " If I get the time to figure out all the angles I can usually get it right"

With Obama, I think you should always look beyond the obvious.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/The...90415-463.html
    Last edited by firstandten; April-28-09 at 02:08 AM.