Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

I thought I covered all the HUGE white backgrounds on my profile. But when I look at it, thats mostly what I see. Are you guys seeing the same thing ? If you see the same thing, how do I fill them in ?

Last edited by Bigb23; April-18-09 at 11:22 AM.

I get a wierd stalking vibe when I peek at the profiles. Anyone else?

everyone should get over that asap, it's natural to be curious, especially with all the new stuff on the site.
    this new set up is making my day, I'm a DY zombie for the past hour

cheddar bob Guest

If I weren't so lazy, I'd make a lolcats picture that says, "I'm looking at all ur profilez"

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    If I weren't so lazy, I'd make a lolcats picture that says, "I'm looking at all ur profilez"

please please please please get rid of the frames. frames are SO 1995. and the usability of them is horrible. in safari, i can navigate to the detroityes homepage, click through a few threads, etc... but if i hit the back button, i go to the website i viewed before coming to detroityes.

plus having the last few characters of every line cut off [[unless i constantly use the horizontal scroll bar) is annoying as hell.

i'd also have the forum index pages display more threads per page

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    please please please please get rid of the frames. frames are SO 1995. and the usability of them is horrible. in safari, i can navigate to the detroityes homepage, click through a few threads, etc... but if i hit the back button, i go to the website i viewed before coming to detroityes.

plus having the last few characters of every line cut off [[unless i constantly use the horizontal scroll bar) is annoying as hell.
    Use this page.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/index.php

"...and what Don't you like about the new forum?"

That I can't tear myself away from the damn thing !

OK, what am I doing wrong... do I have to fill in the THREAD TITLE field every time I reply on a thread?

.... never mind.... I guess you can leave the title field blank and it defaults to the thread you're on.... DUH!!

Bearinabox Guest

Lowell, if you're reading this thread to glean suggestions, here are two:

1. Enable HTML tags for things like bold and italics. I know there are buttons, but I'd prefer to have both options.

2. Somehow differentiate the "sticky" threads from the others, so you can view a board index and immediately see the thread containing the most recent post on that board [[sorry if I'm not explaining this well).

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post

1. Enable HTML tags for things like bold and italics. I know there are buttons, but I'd prefer to have both options.

2. Somehow differentiate the "sticky" threads from the others, so you can view a board index and immediately see the thread containing the most recent post on that board [[sorry if I'm not explaining this well).
    I agree with #2. Right now there is just a small thumbtack, it would be nice if sticky threads looked more different.

I think Lowell should give us free gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post

you don't need html tags to make bold italics. simply replace the< and > with [ and ]!
    PHP Code:
    [b]bold![/b]  [i]italics![/i

I second the request that the front page show more threads. If it is possible to show 50, I think that would be better than 20, since at any given time there are probably about that many active threads. The way it is now, once threads get bumped to the second page, I think they will probably get many fewer clicks.

"view first unread"

i HATE having to scroll down thru 100s of posts to see if i can find where i left off reading from the last time i was there. sometimes its days and i spend way too much time trying to get caught up...

should be MANDATORY feature on all forums...

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Lowell, I have a question about the longevity of pictures embedded in a thread.
    WIth the limited amount of space we each have in our attachment box, users will have to delete pictures to post new ones at some point. This will make them inaccesible at some point. Is there a way for you to preserve the pictures in an informative thread without continuing to take up user attachment space?
    I can see this becoming an issue in threads like the Car factory thread that go on for a long time.
    Like a lot of things I am still figuring this out and for the reasons you list I will definitely figure that one out. Obviously I am trying to strike balances between server space, thread load time and quality. The controls on vBulletin are many, granular and thus time-consuming, lots of choices, long learning curve.
    Last edited by Lowell; April-01-09 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    This should be interesting?

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL...the color you love to hate!
    blksoul, you're the color that my wife painted the living room???

displays beautifully in ie on windows mobile 6 device - but can't post; a little clunkier to navigate with opera and can post replies. i give it a windows mobile experience rating of b+. pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    not big on when you visit someone's profile, they know your lurking
    Those little buttons next to your screen name are alerts, if "red" you're online or "blue" you're offline.

Quote Originally Posted by cman710 View Post
    I second the request that the front page show more threads. If it is possible to show 50, I think that would be better than 20, since at any given time there are probably about that many active threads. The way it is now, once threads get bumped to the second page, I think they will probably get many fewer clicks.
    Looks like it's been fixed!

Way to fancy for me. Steep learning curve. Old School/Old Style best for me.

Bearinabox Guest

The font size is doing some very strange things, both on the indexes and in the threads themselves. Text keeps randomly increasing and decreasing in size when I reload the forum.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast