Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

I love that "go to first new post" button.

Default More likes/dislikes

I like that I can read the contents of a thread by mousing over it's title and leaving my mouse stationary over the title for a few seconds.

I don't like that I can't see who created the thread, just the last poster. Other forums you can see who created the thread as well as the last poster in the thread. Sometimes it helps to know who created the thread in determining whether it is worth entering or not.

Love the change, vBulletin rocks.

Stosh Guest

Is there really a picture quota, and if so, how do we have threads like Garwood and other pictorial intensive threads as we've had?

It's difficult to differentiate between the color of hyperlinks and the color of normal text. It might cause some helpful links to be missed.

Is the standard still blue for links that haven't been clicked and red for those that have and black for normal text?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    I find the text of each post -- and the thread titles you click on to get to the posts -- way too small for my liking.
    I agree. The font sizing is too small. One shouldn't have to adjust their browser to view a web site. Unfortunately it looks like the vBulletin code is a huge mess and doesn't use CSS well. It doesn't help that there are frames still being used. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I find the text of each post -- and the thread titles you click on to get to the posts -- way too small for my liking. In the old forum, you could hold down the "CTRL" key and use the scroll button on your mouse to make the fonts bigger or smaller as you wished. you can't do that here.
    You can make YOUR font size whatever you like using the size drop down, but if you want to read everyone else's posts in large text, you'll have to adjust your browser settings. I set my text to small 'cuz that's the way I like it.

diver1369 Guest

On a different forum that I participate in, you can respond to a particular post and the person you are responding to will be notified by email that there's been a response to their post. I haven't read the FAQs to see if this is possible on the new site but it certainly provides continuity and increased participation on the other site.

Is there a way to see the complete screen? My screen runs out between the Q and R on the Quick Reply button and I have to use the bottom arrow to read the last few letters on the right side.

not big on when you visit someone's profile, they know your lurking

Just a few mistakes on my part so far, but after three hours on here, I pretty much have the hang of it.

This is pretty much the only forum I belong to, so this is all a new learning curve for me too.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redvetred View Post
    Is there a way to see the complete screen? My screen runs out between the Q and R on the Quick Reply button and I have to use the bottom arrow to read the last few letters on the right side.
    Copy and paste the link below into your browser for the main page without frames.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/index.php

Default ...and what Don't you like about the new forum?

Oh my God... there's nothing but newbies here!!!!

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    not big on when you visit someone's profile, they know your lurking
    Maof, you little perv.

LodgeDodger Guest

Lowell, no *hug* emoticons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oh my God... there's nothing but newbies here!!!!

Then we're ALL
    allowed to screw up for awhile. Also my text size changes right in the middle of a sentence. WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Just a few mistakes on my part so far, but after three hours on here, I pretty much have the hang of it.

This is pretty much the only forum I belong to, so this is all a new learning curve for me too.
    i like the quote function. couldn't figure it out on the old forum

i like the happy faces too!

I love how well it works with Blackberry

Stosh,
    Thanks, it works great now.

Going to miss the different pictures of Detroit on the top of the page.

This looked like a good thread to do a test in this alternative universe.

gravitymachine Guest

i like that the message board finally has features like message boards that belonged to at the turn of the millenium

Can the text be even smaller? I can still read some of it without a magnifying glass.

I' ve been reading posts all day trying to figure out this new board. I'll probably use all the ink in my printer copying tips. I seem to be catching on to some degree. So far so good. I do find it kind of creepy though that people can tell where I am and what I am doing. Can I block people from tracking me?

Too confused to know yet what I do or don't like!
    Looking forward to learning and using it though...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast