Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Someone with that alias on the other website said they were going to come over here to start shit... so [[oh so coincidentally) around the same time someone started posting here witht that alias.
    Why are you monitoring "the other website"?

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    You don't like little boys, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Why are you monitoring "the other website"?
    I'm not monitoring anything... someone sent me a private message about it. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Personally, I'd much rather post on a forum that attracts people like Ravine and Johnlodge, and that "hounds off" people like Gthomas and Danny, than on one like this that does the opposite. There'd be a lot less incoherent drivel to scroll through, and a lot more thoughtful, well-written and entertaining content to read and respond to. Life is too short to waste on people whose skulls are solid bone from ear to ear.
    Oops, I probably should have read this part about "thoughtful and well-written" before posting the picture of truck nutz.

LodgeDodger Guest

I thought about not posting here, as I was tired of DetroitDad's pithy comments concerning my views and opinions. His insults directed at me after my attempt to help him with his writing skills were uncalled for. Add to that, my questioning of his views--that's how people learn to speak for themselves, but those comments were not long for this board.

What really angered me was Lowell's deletion of some of my posts. Okay, so you don't agree with what I've said, but don't edit what I have to say. Or, if my comments are worthy of deletion, then ban me. I still wonder why Lowell left DD's comments, as they were much snarkier than any of my posts.

I like most of the folks over here, and that's pretty much the reason why I continue to post [[only not as often).

And of course, this is Lowell's board. If he doesn't like something, he can ban or delete posts. Problem is, it really makes the board less interesting.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; September-14-09 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I'm not monitoring anything... someone sent me a private message about it. Why do you ask?
    Because it seems to upset you and is unhealthy.

Whoever sent you the private message wasn't doing you any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Oops, I probably should have read this part about "thoughtful and well-written" before posting the picture of truck nutz.
    Well, he also said "entertaining".

Ravine Guest

Hey Ss'Moo, watch what happens if I ever notice a post where you have indulged yourself in the urge to get something offa yer chest.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Hahaha. One of the all time classics.

Good one John.... I didn't think about the backspace key.

Ravine I deleted the post. And no it's not tourettes... I was only using that as an example. But I've met him, and he's a nice guy. I won't divulge more than that, except that others need to be more sensitive...

Which is worse, dropping a hint... or to continue to let others be downright cruel and dismissive??
    Last edited by Gistok; September-14-09 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    What about my compulsion to spray vulgarities in the middle of otherwise sober-minded posts?
    Oh that one's easy... with 2 kids... you can chalk that one up to high blood pressure...

Ravine Guest

"Which is worse, dropping a hint... or to continue to let others be downright cruel and dismissive??"

That depends on point-of-view. The person in question may prefer the latter, as it can be "blown off" as the natterings of nobodies who don't know you.

In any case, your heart was in the right place, and I'm sure that would be clear to the person in question, as well.

And, I knew that the Tourette's remark was not directly related to your further comments. I think Johnlodge was just goofing.

Now, to delete my post.

John is having a solliloquy....

Ravine, I'm sending you a private message...

I deleted my post, so now you are the crazy ones.

Bearinabox Guest

I apologize for the cheap shot at Danny. I know nothing about him beyond his DY persona, and I shouldn't make comments that reflect on the actual person behind the posts. I still think his contributions to this forum tend to interfere with the discourse here rather than adding to it, and I would still like this forum better if it encouraged people to make valuable contributions to the discussion instead of just posting for the sake of posting.

BinB,

It's varied contributions, you may not like what someone posts, someone else may. It's a community board, not supposed to support any one groups views. Maybe it's just me, but that would get boring quick. If there is a poster you don't wish to read, ignore them. [[I'm typing all this and he probably has me on ignore already : )

ccbatson Guest

East Detroit...each of the examples of my posts that you clipped are content based.

1. The content of the post by CB was sleazy.
    2. The content of Stashmoo's post in that instance was internally contradictory.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    BinB,

It's varied contributions, you may not like what someone posts, someone else may. It's a community board, not supposed to support any one groups views. Maybe it's just me, but that would get boring quick. If there is a poster you don't wish to read, ignore them. [[I'm typing all this and he probably has me on ignore already : )
    I don't have you, or anyone else, on ignore. Threads with missing posts confuse the hell out of me, and there's enough of that around here without my adding to it.

As for the rest of your post, I don't mind people who disagree with me. It isn't about that at all.

I like Danny's posts.

The demographics information is well researched and interesting.

The other posts are well meant and almost all in good spirit. He is usually a positive force.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    East Detroit...each of the examples of my posts that you clipped are content based.

1. The content of the post by CB was sleazy.
    2. The content of Stashmoo's post in that instance was internally contradictory.
    Then learn how to express those sentiments correctly.

"Leave it to Cheddar Bob..." is a comment on the person, not the content.

"Cheddar Bob's post had some sleazy qualities..." is a comment on the content, not the person.

If you want to attack people personally, rather than comments, then don't be surprised when you receive in kind treatment.
    Last edited by East Detroit; September-15-09 at 01:03 AM.

ccbatson Guest

You make my point...leaving it for a person TO DO OR SAY SOMETHING=content.

A person's POST has certain qualities. The post being content, not the person.

Thanks for defending my position Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    You make my point...leaving it for a person TO DO OR SAY SOMETHING=content.

A person's POST has certain qualities. The post being content, not the person.

Thanks for defending my position Bailey.
    Learn to read [[means comprehend, not just sound out phonemes).

And stop calling me names. I am not a Bailey. I am going to report you.

Ravine Guest

This is perfect.

The thread, which I started, has spun off into several different tangents, personal agenda are being pursued, somebody wants me to look at a bunch of big fish going nowhere, and I have no idea who, or what, Bailey is.

You pretty much summed up every thread...

Oh well, it is what it is.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast