Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best I could find, circa 1969. Probably belongs to a local station. I assume he made the rounds to all of the malls .

Attachment 3737
    Last edited by MikeM; December-18-09 at 03:53 PM.

We never attended the parade, but always watched it on TV from the mid 60s well into the 70s. Even when I was an older teenager I still loved to get up on Thanksgiving morning, make some cinnamon rolls in the oven for breakfast [[a tradition my sisters and I started when we were kids), then watch the parade. They used to show 'A Christmas Carol' every year on TV on Thanksgiving day back then [[the one with Alistair Sim), and we always watched that. My parents always hosted Thanksgiving dinner [[eight kids, plus girlfriends/wives and other visitors). Everyone would be there by mid-afternoon.The climax was the turkey dinner later in the day [[we ate later than most families) - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, some veggies, then pumpkin pie for dessert. We did the Cobo Hall/Hudsons thing for a few years too, but that was always just before Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2