Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

how, exactly, is what he said "glossing over" what happened at fort hood? try, please try, to think for yourself for once

ccbatson Guest

As stated..he was "glossing it over" by not identifying it as a terrorist attack and warning others not to jump to that conclusion....you just got thoroughly owned, by me, in Obama's own words on video.

This thread started with Timothy Geithner.

Today, labor leaders came out swinging in favor of auditing the Fed. Congressman Mel Watt, whose district headquarters the Bank of America, had gutted the bill.

Trumka, Stern, and Gerard teamed up economists Bill Black and Jamie Galbraith and blogger Tyler Durden, among others, against Watt’s amendment and accused the Fed of “massive secret bailouts” and “cronyism and favoritism.” Their letter says:
    The Federal Reserve balance sheet expanded to more than $2 trillion, along with implied and explicit backstops to Wall Street firms that could cost even more. Who received the money? Against what collateral? On what terms and conditions? The only way to find out is through a complete audit of the Federal Reserve. That’s why we support the Paul-Grayson amendment requiring a complete audit.

Quote: "by not identifying it as a terrorist attack and warning others not to jump to that conclusion...."

Sounds like they have not classified it the responsibility of one of the groups that hate our foreign policy [[terrorists), and they have no intention of doing so by asking others to not jump to conclusions. I can't see how you perceive that as any sort of a classification. I think it's being handled as a crazed gunman and rightly so. It would be like a scientology member shooting up a public place and classifying it an attack from outer space. The guy is a nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Sounds like they have not classified it the responsibility of one of the groups that hate our foreign policy [[terrorists), and they have no intention of doing so by asking others to not jump to conclusions.
    I couldn't agree more.

The problem with right wing nuts, is they see the world in black and white, never grey. Anything that does not fit this narrow view is pigeonholed into a category they can better understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    As stated..he was "glossing it over" by not identifying it as a terrorist attack and warning others not to jump to that conclusion....you just got thoroughly owned, by me, in Obama's own words on video.

so you would automatically jump to the conclusion that it is terrorism. boy, when beck says jump, you jump.

ccbatson Guest

Sigh...define the word, apply the circumstances...it fits, it is terrorism, no jumping to conclusions is necessary.

Quote: "apply the circumstances...it fits"

Unless you're privy to some inside information, you're guessing. What has been reported that set this guy off was the knowledge he would be deployed and didn't want to be. He also had a known disdain for his country's foreign policy. Was he working with a known "terrorist group"? Has not been reported. The incident has not been classified an act of terrorism. His interest in psychology probably stems from his own personal psychological problems. He is crazy.

ccbatson Guest

Exclaming a islamic radical slogan while doing the deed is not a guess.

Sigh...define the word, apply the circumstances...it fits, it is terrorism, no jumping to conclusions is necessary.
    So, by your definition Tim McVie, and Eric Rudolph Murdoch are terrorists as well.

Not to mention the guy that shot up the Macdonalds back when I was in college...

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    LOL!!

My cousin only claims to work for the USPS!

No, he just really likes wearing the uniform around for the last 25 years!

LOL!!!
    All available info shows your claims to be wrong. Fed ex is the largest airline in the world. No where could I find any info that comes close to substantiating your claim that usps carries the majority of ups/fed ex cargo. That really makes little sense. What info I did find is that the usps utilizes the planes of fed ex which makes sense from a pecuniary fashion.......show us something anything aside from your cousins claims.

ccbatson Guest

Yes, they were terrorists...who said they were not?

Quote: "Exclaming a islamic radical slogan"

Son of Sam the serial killer claimed he was killing for the neighbors dog, that was telling him to kill people. So those should be classified animal attacks?

They are not going to classify the Fort Hood incident an act of terrorism, as bad as Lieberman and Levin want them to. They are just trying to keep this shit alive as long as they can. Let it die, we've lost too many of our fine fighting soldiers, and too many civilians have been killed over this nonsense.

ccbatson Guest

A schizophrenic referring to hallucinations is not comparable to a known slogan of islamic terrorists.

It's not a "slogan", Cc, it's a statement of faith. If some Israeli had shot up the place while shouting the Shema, would you consider it to be a known slogan of Jewish terrorists?

Your unidimensional view of the world has led you into error, again.

ccbatson Guest

You would not explore the phrases shouted out at a mass murder Elganned? You would not have the proper authorities charged with our security and defense do likewise? Once the pattern was known [[and it was to those in the government within hours, if not minutes), it would not be "jumping to conclusions prematurely" it would be reasoning the rational conclusion.

Batts, When the day comes we start classifying US born and raised resident US citizens as "Terrorists" will be the day, none of us are no longer guarded by the covenants of individual liberty.

This will not be classified an act of terrorism. No matter how bad Lieberman is trying to convince everyone. I'm probably not alone, but I'm ready for him to get back to where is heart is.

You would not explore the phrases shouted out at a mass murder Elganned? You would not have the proper authorities charged with our security and defense do likewise?
    I would. That's a given.
    Once the pattern was known [[and it was to those in the government within hours, if not minutes), it would not be "jumping to conclusions prematurely" it would be reasoning the rational conclusion.
    The very point: the pattern was known to those in government, but not to you. They would not be jumping to conclusions prematurely, but you certainly did.

Yes, they were terrorists...who said they were not?
    and terrorism is best, and most successfully, treated as a criminal act. I don't know why the morons in the media AND in both major parties insist on elevating these thugs to the level of nationhood

ccbatson Guest

According to?? You? For McVeigh, he was acting as a US citizen, so the appropriate venue was our civilian courts. Fort Hood was an attack [[terrorist) by a member of the military, so a military/court marshall is the proper venue Not so for KSM etal...military tribunal is where to get justice for them.

KSM isn't a soldier. He doesn't even represent a nation. Is Al Queda a sovereign nation or even a rebel force?
    According to?? You? For McVeigh, he was acting as a US citizen, so the appropriate venue was our civilian courts. Fort Hood was an attack [[terrorist) by a member of the military, so a military/court marshall is the proper venue Not so for KSM etal...military tribunal is where to get justice for them.

ccbatson Guest

Correct...good point, he is an enemy combatant [[lower in terms of rights than a uniformed soldier).

No, Cc, he's a civilian. And a criminal. That's all. "Enemy combatant" was a term coined by the Cheney administration to justify treating them neither as civilians nor as soldiers; it was cut from whole cloth in support of opportunism.

Stop trying to bolster support for an executive power grab by inflating the detainees' importance. This is not a "war", and the detainees are not "combatants". They're thugs, and deserve no greater respect nor fear than thugs.

ccbatson Guest

Civilian of what country? Not the US to be sure.

It doesn't matter that Cheney may [[or may not...I am not sure the origin of the phrase) coined the phrase...it is spot on and appropriate for myriad reasons.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast