Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Eriedearie... gotta agree with you on Everybody Loves Raymond. And they give Frank the best lines... upon hearing Marie tell him she was just a "trophy wife"... Frank blurts out "Holy Crap... what lottery in Hell did I win?"

I also love the Leave It To Beaver... and another one of my favorites was The Andy Griffiths Show.... I love Floyd the Barber, and Barney is a hoot!

And I love the insanity of Green Acres....

I'm also a fan of the British Comedy shows from the BBC...

PBS show Keeping Up Appearances is hilarious with "the Bucket woman" [["it's Bouquet....") "no you cannot have an order of fish balls... this is not the Chinese Oriental Takeout... this is a pearl white slimline telephone with no Oriental association whatsoever... ).

PBS show Are You Being Served is also funny... gotta love Mrs. Slocum and her pussy [[her cat). She's always referring to her cat... "at the first sign of danger the hair on my pussy stands straight up!"

And the latest BBC comedy [[on cable, too racy for PBS) is Little Britain USA... it is absolutely hilarious... Ellie Grace is my favorite...

"you bet your life" because groucho cracks me up; "the munsters" because fred gwynne
    was a genius; "the addams family" because i always wanted to grow up to be morticia and marry
    gomez; "whats my line" the oldest version because it also totally cracks me up.

LodgeDodger Guest

Does anyone rememeber the British comedy, The Young Ones? I LOVED watching that show!

Still have it on video.

ccbatson Guest

Young Ones is available on DVD..classic post Python British comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Eriedearie... gotta agree with you on Everybody Loves Raymond. And they give Frank the best lines... upon hearing Marie tell him she was just a "trophy wife"... Frank blurts out "Holy Crap... what lottery in Hell did I win?"
    I know Gistok! That's what mean - those two could be my parents! They feed off of each other. When my parents are in their funny mode at a family gathering - it's a riot. And they've NEVER even seen the show! We even tell them they're like Frank and Marie - they look at us like we're from Mars.

They're so funny...they only watch cable TV cause since they pay for it they can get their money's worth! You can't tell them anything. Regular network shows - they don't have a clue!

Martin. His various characters are creative and funny. And "bro man" reminds me of some fellas from my youth.

After many years of enjoying the black and white Twilight Zone shows, I'm just now finally becoming disinterested. These shows draw you in.

Sanford and Son, In Living Color, and Welcome Back Kotter [[sic), for their humor.

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour at 1 am. They use plot driven shows from the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    I know Gistok! That's what mean - those two could be my parents! They feed off of each other. When my parents are in their funny mode at a family gathering - it's a riot. And they've NEVER even seen the show! We even tell them they're like Frank and Marie - they look at us like we're from Mars.

They're so funny...they only watch cable TV cause since they pay for it they can get their money's worth! You can't tell them anything. Regular network shows - they don't have a clue!
    Eriedearie... get your parents started on a gift of "Fruit of the Month Club"... and watch the fun begin...

I've been watching Sonny and Cher lately to get some fashion and hairdo tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2MWRib_T4

Mayberry RFD is always a favorite. My hubby is always yelling "come here, watch this" and then he'll recite the lines. Usually, it has to do with "Barn". One of our favorites is when Andy, Barney and their girlfriends fix Goober up with a girl and he starts cuttin' the rug!

ccbatson Guest

Wasn't there a character first name of Howard who took a prominent role in the Mayberry RFD, but not in the original Andy Griffith show? Who was that guy...besides the original shark jumper.

Dark Shadows, God I loved that show when I was a kid!