Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stosh Guest

All you have to look at is the reconstruction of the 9 mile overpass on I-75 to see where the freeway will be expanded. I'ts being done now.

Trainman, you make no sense at all. Retroit is right, they will do it anyway.

Trainman,

Lots of people will continue to vote YES in the 2010 SMART bus millage. There is NO other report that mege freeways system to be built to solve its congested traffic problems. Its just brining in more more city taxpayer monies by 0.59 mills to all the tri-counties transit authorities.
    Last edited by Danny; November-03-09 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    What's wrong with expanding congested freeways? :shrug:

-Tahleel
    here is some history

"let's build an 8-lane freeway on the west side to ease congestion"
    result -- an 8-lane parking lot

"let's build a conector freeway between 96, the lodge on the west, and 94 on the east side"

result -- a many-mile long parking lot

remember the problems with land acquisition for 696? expect to triple the cost estimate for widening 75

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    here is some history

"let's build an 8-lane freeway on the west side to ease congestion"
    result -- an 8-lane parking lot

"let's build a conector freeway between 96, the lodge on the west, and 94 on the east side"

result -- a many-mile long parking lot

remember the problems with land acquisition for 696? expect to triple the cost estimate for widening 75
    Oh, come on. How do you expect Detroit to compete with the likes of Atlanta [[16 lanes on the Downtown Connector) or Toronto [[20 lanes on the 401) if they don't keep widening the freeways?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    PROPOSAL S

WAYNE COUNTY TRANSIT AUTHORITY MILLAGE RENEWAL

If approved, this proposal shall renew the 0.59 mill levied by the Wayne County Transit Authority in 2006 and allow continued support to the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation, serving the elderly, handicapped, and general public of Wayne County

Shall the tax imposed on taxable property in the Wayne County Transit Authority area which expired with the 2005 tax, be levied for four [[4) years, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, inclusive, at 0.59 mil [[59 cents per $1,000 taxable value), for the purpose of making contributions in aid of the Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation [[SMART) and its purpose of serving the elderly, handicapped and general public in the County of Wayne? It is estimated that 0.59 mill would raise approximately $13,241,383 when levied in 2006.

Yes _____________

No _____________

I will vote yes from t this 0.59 mills. The taxes may be lowered due to more funds, but its the best way to keep SMART bus system on the road. People need to get to work, school, visit family and friends and run errands and Public and regional transit system is the way to go in this car driven ' MOTOR CITY' Some people don't have cars. Most if their drivers' licenses either revoked or their cars broke down. Ot they can't rely on the family and friends for a ride. So to get somewhere, they need to take the bus. So everyone vote YES for the 2010 SMART BUS MILLAGE. Keep the SMART BUSSES RUNNING IN YOUR CITIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    You are right, but imagine if everyone voted NO next August 2010 to defeat the SEMCOG plans that they do not want you to know about. The links were removed from their website because of $400 Million set aside to match approved federal grants. I have them on my website to get the public to vote NO next August 2010

If the SMART tax failed, then MDOT would have to use the planned matching grants to pay for public bus service instead of expanding freeways. This would not likely stop MDOT and SEMCOG from expanding freeways but would slow them down and help stop these from ever getting built. These projects should have never been approved but they were despite strong public protests about ten years ago.

I am very serious about going after the SEMCOG plans of wasting our tax dollars of greatly expanding I-75 from 8 mile road to M-59 and expanding I-94 from three to four lanes with new service drives. These plans are very real, off the shelf and approved by the federal government for funding.

Only your vote of NO next August 2010 can or will work to stop these monster projects that southeast Michigan’s taxpayers should not be forced to pay for with more public bus service reductions and tax increases at the time of this posting.

Please vote NO to fully restore all funding to SMART or challenge my findings in my website, if you can.
    Anyone who thinks that we can get a good decent mass transit system without fighting for federal, state and industry support in the form of decent paying jobs with benefits is really stupid and not very SMART

The vote next August 2010 is nothing but a charity donation to get grandma to the doctor's office using your property tax dollars with state funding being shifted to roads and only the promise of improved transportation choices and federal transit grants. If that is what you want then vote YES. It makes no difference to me because the car has won and the bus has lost.

The cities of Detroit, Westland, Dearborn Heights, Farmington and Redford TWP all saw drastic cuts in pubic bus service. Did they too vote for these bus service reductions?

The Livonia vote was rigged to get the people to believe that state funding is no longer needed to pay for the large buses. This is exactly why our state has lost federal funding for mass transit.

Livonia would not have opted out if it were not for the false propagandas and hype from transit tax advocates at our city hall and state officials who refuse to fight for our city in Lansing. Yes, they have names and they know who they are.

Someday, Detroit and southeast Michigan will get decent affordable public bus and rail service because good mass transit is essential for large cities such as Detroit to attract good jobs and increase residents to pay for local taxes. But, unfortunately this will not happen soon because of people like you who won’t fight for decent industry support or federal and state funds by voting NO next August 2010 when we have the chance to do what is best for everyone.

The best choice is clearly NO when you know the real facts and not opinions. This will not harm SMART because all funding for the handicapped, low income and elderly are fully protected under federal laws for transportation funding.

Vote YES for the $2 Billion NEW freeways for Vote NO to stop this total waste of limited tax dollars that will destroy our state unless we first pay for good cost effective public bus service in our large cities and inner suburbs such as Livonia. The newspaper stories of people losing bus service without your YES vote is just simply not true.

See the section titled The Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is against the law to take away existing bus service and see the many other sections in my complete website in DETROIT LINKS.

The game is over and in 2011 the final score will be etched in concrete. Unless YOU support my website of Trainmans's Save... in DETROIT LINKS linked in DetroitYES

Trainman, Where is this section for public transit under the Civil Rights Act of 1964? I looked into it and it says degregation for public bussing and no discrimination for public bussing.

Wait a minute, last time I've voted for the 2007 SMART BUS MILLAGE there no other plans for a freeway expansion. Your reports from whatever sorces remains NON SEQUITUR! It just adding city tax dollars to keep the SMART bus system going.
    Last edited by Danny; November-03-09 at 10:47 AM.

Trainman Guest

Trainman, Where is this section for public transit under the Civil Rights Act of 1964? I looked into it and it says degregation for public bussing and no discrimination for public bussing.

Wait a minute, last time I've voted for the 2007 SMART BUS MILLAGE there no other plans for a freeway expansion. Your reports from whatever sorces remains NON SEQUITUR! It just adding city tax dollars to keep the SMART bus system going.[/quote]

The SMART renewal is a TAX SHIFT which means that property taxes REPLACE the state tax on fuel.

This title declares it to be the policy of the United States that discrimination on the ground of race, color, or national origin shall not occur in connection with programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance and authorizes and directs the appropriate Federal departments and agencies to take action to carry out this policy. This title is not intended to apply to foreign assistance programs.

Section 601 -- This section states the general principle that no person in the United States shall be excluded from participation in or otherwise discriminated against on the ground of race, color, or national origin under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

State funds that were once used for the Livonia public buses are now planned to match federal grants to expand freeways. This resulted in the permanent closing of handicapped facilities, thus is against race, color and national origin.

That is why your property taxes will not be lowered if you vote NO for the handicapped, low income and the elderly. Our state did indeed shut down handicapped faciliites that are no longer available, thus SMART lost $14 Million per year in Federal Transit grants for southeast Michgian and YOU DANNY agree to this becuause you will not protest this but instead vote YES. why?

The Michigan Department of Transportation shut down large public bus service to raise funds for large freeways because that is what Livonia agreed on and what the vast majority will agree on if the SMART tax passes again next 2010. The city of Livonia was indeed required to pay for all bus passengers based on income and need. According to the government that YOU support with your YES vote, the loss of the large buses in Livonia had no adverse effect on the general public as they were largely empty and those who relied on them were provided with alternative bus service as required by law.

YES Danny, you agreed on even more cuts since November 2006 where many thousands of people lost bus service in addition to those who work and/or live in Livonia. This is what you will get unless you support my website OR vote in much higher local or county taxes for SMART and DDOT or if they lower the per passenger costs.

Or, if industry pays for the needs of all workers including a decent wage, health benefits and transportation including bus service out the kindness of their big hearts. And this will happen when HELL freezes over.
    Last edited by Trainman; November-05-09 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2